Battle Command AAR - pretty cool

Started by undercovergeek, May 03, 2015, 01:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

im sure we must have brought it up here by now but doing a search of 'battle command' brings up discussions about battles and commanders and being where we are, well, theres a lot of hits!

so, this

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4115320#Post4115320

Boggit

Wow. This one got under my radar. How long has it been out? O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

undercovergeek

i remember some early shots at kriegsimulations maybe a year ago now?

panzerde

It's been around at various stages of development for a couple of years. It didn't have much (any?) AI opponent in the past I don't believe but it seems like that may no longer be the case. I tried it when there was a demo version available and it was...quirky. Based on some more recent posts from JC and this AAR it may be time to take another look.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

JudgeDredd

I remember seeing this years ago. I was struck by the counter and landscape implementation....but I can't remember if the one I remember is this one (Battle Command) or if it is another game of similar look and play

I love this though
...I wasn't completely focused, kids were running around and my wife said something a few times I didn't quite get ...
Typical gamer  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

GJK

As posted on the Matrix forums in 2008:

QuoteGJK ->  RE: Battle command...  (11/30/2008 8:46:10 PM)

Formerly known as "TacLiOsi" (or some acronym close to that)- this has been around for a couple of years now. No AI (multiplayer/solo play only), good bit of a learning curve and resource intensive- at least that is how it was the last time that I tried it. Looks cool though.

I remember dicking with it over a decade ago or so when it was a project by an individual guy and he wanted to charge some crazy high dollar amount for the full version.  That acronym above is close but doesn't pull up anything in google (aside from my quote above) but the original was something close to that.  I remember that he did a video on it.  It's more simulator than game as I recall.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Pinetree

TaLaCoSi is the acronym you're after.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."