It's Friday my Groggy Gamers

Started by JudgeDredd, April 24, 2015, 12:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

It's not a music video - but it is a superb song and played at a very good moment in the totally amazing SCRUBS.

If anyone hasn't watched SCRUBS then you absolutely should do. It's a fantastic comedy with some points to make and some very, very poignant moments...this being one of them.

I'm not talking about an episode here or there...it needs to be watched from start to finish to bond with the characters.

Anyway - sorry - to gaming.

This weekend I will definitely be doing a practice run in Steel Beasts and having a look into Assetto Corsa. I want to start my F1 2014 career - but I may not get there. It's raining Sunday, so maybe I could do it then.

Almost absolutely, definitely there will be more of the superb GTA V and Far Cry 4

Enjoy  O0
Alba gu' brath

spelk

Brother Against Brother has its rain rusted bayonet deep in me at the moment, I can't shake the thrill of turn based tactical musket fire.

Steady..

Toonces

I also shall be gaming the American Civil War.  Having just finished Catton's Mr. Lincoln's Army Volume 1 that climaxes with the Battle of Antietam, I will therefore be playing Scourge of War: Antietam in their honor and trying to do better than the pathetic disaster that was McClellan.  God I hate that man.

And, for what it's worth, Depeche Mode was among the best 80's bands and I shall listen to them while drinking rum.

By the way, if you don't like Depeche Mode then you suck and are also a communist.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

undercovergeek

Blowing up con and jomni some more and writing about it in the aars

And this week I shall be jumping balls deep into CMANO, it's a game that deserves my love

So many changes have happened to elite and I feel so far behind I may have to have a dabble, however the trade side of things seems untouched, not a complaint, so I'll be trading a few tonnes of lavian brandy and such in the pursuit of my asp - there is a massive update inbound, seriously game changing stuff so I'll read up on that too

I'm sure we've all had it - that feeling of looking into the monitor an thinking 'I must buy a new game, me wants new game' but there was nothing shouting at me, and the feeling passed, besides which I'm saving myself for warhammer - I've bought a chastity ring and Ill remain pure - when it's released however I'm going to shag it like a crazy person

Toonces

Dude, jump into Scourge of War with me!  No need to buy a new game- rediscover an old game!   O:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Toonces on April 24, 2015, 03:23:58 AM
I also shall be gaming the American Civil War.  Having just finished Catton's Mr. Lincoln's Army Volume 1 that climaxes with the Battle of Antietam, I will therefore be playing Scourge of War: Antietam in their honor and trying to do better than the pathetic disaster that was McClellan.  God I hate that man.

And, for what it's worth, Depeche Mode was among the best 80's bands and I shall listen to them while drinking rum.

By the way, if you don't like Depeche Mode then you suck and are also a communist.
I LOVED Depeche Mode in the 80's

My daughter just bought her boyfriend a very rare Depeche Mode album...can't remember the name but it cost a small fortune. He's a lucky man - in many respects  :)
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

The thing is, I didn't really think I liked DM that much.  But the more I search out videos, especially on Friday nights, DM surfaces. 

But damn, man, I do love them I guess.  Fark I miss the 80's in general!   >:(

JudgeDredd

It was imo the best decade for music - even the bad had some good vibe.
Alba gu' brath

Martok

I love Scrubs -- easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time.  I watched it religiously from the third season on (which is when I discovered it).  And that's definitely one of the show's more memorable scenes; you have excellent taste, JD.  O0 

Not sure yet what I'm gonna do, gaming-wise.  Probably some Sovereignty, but beyond that I haven't a clue.  I have so many games I want to play right now (seriously, I can think of at least 8-9 just off the top of my head that are beckoning to me), that I'm honestly feeling rather overwhelmed at the moment. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Ian C

This weekend I'll be playing the two games that have taken my free time for over a week: Sovereignty Crown of Kings and GTA 5. I can't get enough of them.

MetalDog

I suck and I am a communist.  I will be playing Age of Wonders III.  And if I get bored of that, it will be Sovereignty: Crown of Kings.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FlickJax

Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:45:09 AM

70 rock for me....Zeppelin, Floyd, Skynard, CCR, Purple, Wings, Sabath etc etc etc

Staggerwing

Since I like everything from Judas Priest to Rilo Kiley I have no favorite decade per se but hearing a bunch of 80 music makes me very nostalgic for a certain time in my life when the future was wide open with possibilities and finding great music was an adventure of sorts, with no Internet for broad exposure and commercial radio stuck in AOR format. It was up to word-of-mouth, serendipity, and college radio stations to bring you the goods.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Quote from: FlickJax on April 24, 2015, 06:21:54 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on April 24, 2015, 04:45:09 AM

70 rock for me....Zeppelin, Floyd, Skynard, CCR, Purple, Wings, Sabath etc etc etc

FlickJax has it right!
Add some Allmans, Clapton, Little Feat, Stones, Zappa

Toonces

:buck2: