AGEOD Civil War II version 1.0.5

Started by Asid, April 21, 2015, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asid

AGEOD Civil War II version 1.0.5

"A significant number of changes and improvements are brought to you upgrading the game to make it even more historically accurate: neutral Indians are passive (should stop them from besieging or interfering with USA/CSA units) and leaders of different nations, for the same side, don't compete in the same chain of command anymore!"

Here's the full changelog for the Version 1.05!

You can download the patch from here: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CivilWarII/CivilWarII-UpdateComp-v105.zip

Civil War II Updates
Patch 1.05

Gameplay
• Mescalero recruited by decision can only appear in New Mexico or Texas. (fixed from 1.04)
• Improved ammos distribution in supply phase
• Improved naval supply distribution
• Fixed reversed battle plans
• Revised and improved retreat logic for stacks
• Stack in retreat or doing MTSG can't cross blockaded river or pass through 'front' because of ZOC.
• Traffic rule (in work)
• Leaders will only lose seniority on January 1st and July 1st, this should help for promotion potential.
• Decisions and partisans can remove only one depot level per try.
• Neutral Indians are now passive, should stop them from besieging or interfering with USA/CSA units.
• There is a 25% chance that artillery manages to counter fire enemy artillery instead of firing on a frontline element.
• Evasion value for stacks with leaders was erroneous in some cases
• Impossible retreat because of too strong enemy in combat region fixed.
• Besieged group can't escape besiegers with evade roll.
• All Depots size can now be razed. Partisans' decisions still raze only one depot level at a time. Level 1 cities can also be razed.
• Leaders of different nations, for the same side, don't compete anymore in the same chain of command
• Traffic rule improved

Interface
• Faction history improvements
• Can rename units with more characters than before
• Improved battle report display
• Added back random variation in display loss
• Music sound volume can now be tweaked (inoMusicVolume in .opt file)
• can't enter anymore (and erroneously) in structures not designed to handle sieges
• when doing drag&drop, name of over region appears
• can open saved game folder in Load Game Window, if doing a ctrl-click on the game icon
• Fixed a display bug in region list leading to false infos
• Innate supply production of a region is now shown in the first structure tooltip when checking structures by ctrl-click.
• Also corrected supply and assets production not taking into account loyalty/alignment
• better AB display in Forces & Units list, leaders sorted properly by name. Units ID sorted as expected (5th before 11st)
• In Forces, Units, Regions listing, can scroll one page at a time with key up/down. Tooltip added to the scrollbar also.
• Hitting Enter when renaming an unit closes the window
• Attrition Loss stored for each stack and displayed as a single message at end of turn (includes weather and wear&tear)
• Default music volume buffed up from 60 to 70% (can be changed with a text file edit).
• Fixed several issues regarding battle report and reported hits.
• Added missing mini buttons for the alternate 'posture/ROE buttons' display
• Others stacks in a region are now listed with more details in the stack tooltip
• losses of ships are now properly logged in the message panel
• Forces listing: more orders for the 'order column'. Can now be sorted. Icons courtesy of player 'John Sedgwick'

Engine
• Various major optimizations, in average expect turns to be processed 50% faster than before!
• Fix to the crash happening on new turn.
• Fix to a silent bug where some data were not updated correctly because of faster turn reloading.
• Historical setting and events
• Database
• Fix to Missouri brigade OOB.

AI
• Several decisions are now using better AI (scorch earth, etc.)
• AI: Improved Split Large Stacks
• Ai fix on blockade run estimation
• Modding / Script engine
• Console can reliably be put back at the forefront
• can use a cost of 0 in a given element subtype for depots and forts, means needing the presence without consumption
• fix in script command: EvalBesieged
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Note:

The initial 1.05 version left a debug flag set that will automatically give your officers a seniority of 1 and make them promotable. So if you have that problem you can go to the AGEOD Forums to pickup the quick fix 1.05a CW Here:   http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39344-gt-CW2-patch-1-05-available-NOW!-lt
War in Pieces

Rayfer

Boggit

It has already. I just checked my copy. It doesn't mention it as a news item, which is why I checked for it.

@Asid - thanks for the Heads Up!
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Rayfer

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

WallysWorld

Sorry to hijack your thread, Asid.

Ageod has also released a new beta patch for EAW that indicates a 50% increase in turn processing speed: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39350-EAW-1-03-Public-beta-1-%28April-17-update%29

The comments about the slowness of EAW's turn processing has kept me from buying the game, but maybe with this patch...
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Asid

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 21, 2015, 05:45:46 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread, Asid.

It's fine. thanks for posting the patch :)
War in Pieces

WallysWorld

A quick fix from Pocus for CW II 1.05a. Users were saying the AI was less aggressive after the patch and Pocus said this fix should resolve that.

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39414-Quick-fix-CW2-fixed-executable-April-24&p=345838#post345838
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

mikeck

For some reason I can't download the attached RAR from that site. It downloads "attachment" as some sort of weird doc that can't be opened. Something to do with IE from what I here as others have this issue. Anyway one of you guys can post it somewhere or PM it to me or something? I want to start a game
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Asid

Is it the Quick fix: CW2 fixed executable, April 24 ?

Size: 1.8mb
Name: CW2.rar
Location: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39414-Quick-fix-CW2-fixed-executable-April-24&p=345838#post345838

If so it is attached to this post :)
War in Pieces

mikeck

Quote from: Asid on April 24, 2015, 09:48:04 PM
Is it the Quick fix: CW2 fixed executable, April 24 ?

Size: 1.8mb
Name: CW2.rar
Location: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39414-Quick-fix-CW2-fixed-executable-April-24&p=345838#post345838

If so it is attached to this post :)

Yes I've gone to that site however when I click on the link it doesn't download anything but a "attachment which won't open up for anything it does not download An RAR

Thanks for attaching !!!!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

mikeck

Downloaded and installed...thanks Asid!!

Rayfer

Is this quick fix patch in the Steam version?

Dread Rlyeh

Could anyone who has played a bit on 1.05+ point me in the direction of the most stable patch + hotfixes currently?  From reading the AGEOD forums, it seems that 1.05 alone produces a timid AI, but I think there is some sort of military control issue with the hoxfix that fixed the AI issue...  I would try the 1.06 beta and see if the MC problem has been taken care of there, but that has a reported issue of the Union not being able to form Corps ::)

I have great respect for Pocus and the rest of the AGEOD team - I have CW1 & 2, PON, AJE - and I appreciate that they don't just drop a game and move on, but continue to update and tweak.  That said, they have some of the worst QA I've ever seen.  Pretty much every patch or hotfix breaks something else and its driving me nuts as I want to start a campaign.  I *love* that Pocus will try to get an issue resolved in a week via a hotfix vs months in a patch, that kind of responsiveness is much appreciated.  However, it doesn't do much good if the fix causes additional problems. 

Also, the forums are a mess for trying to find info on the latest patches, hotfixes, etc.  You have to look in a bunch of different places, the hot fixes are often placed in some post 3 pages in, without the OP being updated, etc.  A little more organization would go a long way.     

</rant>  and I wish them the best of luck in the future - again, big fan of the games.