Any suggestions for a free image hosting site that doesn't mangle the images?

Started by Philippe, April 17, 2015, 01:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I used to use Imageshack, but last time I tried to use them they were making free users post in thumbnails, which are hateful.

I used Minus for about six months and liked it, but although they're free they've just switched to hand-held device only mode, which kills it for me.  No more astonishment at all the Korean girls trying to look like cartoon characters from Japanese anime.

Any suggestions for a free service that won't force me to use thumbnails or print text across the bottom of the image?

[And that's why there aren't any screenshots with my Battle Academy flag mod].
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Philippe

The image I just posted from Imgur seems adequate.  Many thanks.

spelk

I use imgur.com nowadays. You get a link to the full resolution image if you want.

The only thing is, if the image isn't viewed by anyone within a given time frame (6 weeks?) then I think they remove it. Something like that.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Philippe

If Imgur pulls unviewed images down after a short time, that's annoying, but it will do for now.  Gives me a little more time to find a permanent solution.

Huw the Poo

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.