Sovereignty: Crown of Kings enters Early Access

Started by Lord Zimoa, March 31, 2015, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Today we are excited to announce that Sovereignty will enter Steam Early Access on April the 9th!

Slitherine, Gothic Labs and The Lordz Games Studio really see Early Access as a unique opportunity to gather relevant feedback on all parts of the game and enhance it accordingly. This epic fantasy strategy game is a rather ambitious project and we thought that the community would be the best source of inspiration to take the game where it deserves to be.

Sovereignty has been in development for 3 years now, so the content provided is already very rich and players can have a complete play through with all of the realms and campaigns available!

We are going to sell the game on our site as well:

- If you buy from our site you are buying a steam key for early access on steam.
- When the game will be released we will supply you a standard DRM free installer.
- Your steam key will be the license key for the installer when it is released.

To better show all the features of the game we will stream it tomorrow 1st April (no joke!) on our official Twitch Channel at 20 CEST/2pm EDT!

Enter Early Access here!

Do you want to know more? Check the product page here!

tgb

I can't really say anything about it until the NDA is lifted, probably at the start of Early Access, but I just wanted to mention that I will be available to answer any questions at that time.

Swatter

spelk

Quote from: tgb on March 31, 2015, 02:14:19 PM
I can't really say anything about it until the NDA is lifted, probably at the start of Early Access, but I just wanted to mention that I will be available to answer any questions at that time.

One nod for 'worth it', two nods for 'let someone else pull the trigger'. ;)

tgb

Quote from: spelk on March 31, 2015, 05:39:18 PM
Quote from: tgb on March 31, 2015, 02:14:19 PM

One nod for 'worth it', two nods for 'let someone else pull the trigger'. ;)

I can't even answer that because even the beta testers don't know how much it's going to cost.  It could be priced like Vietnam '65 or it could be priced like War in the West.  We have no idea.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

tgb

OK I didn't see that.  It's still tough for me to answer without violating the NDA.  I would say watch the live stream to get a feel for how the game plays. If that looks appealing to you, then yes, it's worth it.

Lord Zimoa

Sovereignty will stream today 1st April (no joke!) on our official Twitch Channel at 20 CEST/2pm EDT!

http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

Anguille

Very much tempted. It's been on my radar since it's been announced... O0

Martok

Very cool.  Haven't played this since way back when I was in the early beta, so looking forward to seeing how the game has progressed.  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

FarAway Sooner

I'm very intrigued by the title and the different game concepts.  If the different game styles merge together seamlessly, I think this one will be a sure-fire buy for me.  If this is the kind of game where I have to fight 150 procedurally generated, dumbed-down and repetitive Panzer-General style map battles it might not be. 

But I remain highly intrigued by the promise of this title!!  I'm much more intrigued by something new these days, versus something polished that I've already seen before.  This game seems to be the former.

Lord Zimoa

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings game Early Access pre-launch stream video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4WqpJPgpJk