DVG's Upcoming Lineup and Airborne Commander

Started by PanzersEast, March 30, 2015, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I've kickstarted Airborne Commander which is closing in on the end of its Kickstarter campaign... with almost all stretch goals achieved but 2.

I have also bought in on Huey Leader and Tiger Leader (I am worried maybe too like TAL), but now it looks like I will also jump in on Valkyrie.... it looks like I am becoming a fanboy.

Anyone else jumped in on any of these?

PE

Barthheart

I'm in on Tiger Leader. Never heard of Airborne Commander...
Valkyrie doesn't interest me much AND my gaming budget is blown AND the exchange rates are murderous right now.

GJK

I'm a little gun shy regarding DVG titles at the moment only because having never played one previously, I was dissapointed with what came out with "Nimitz" simply because I had such high hopes for it.  Not that I think that it was a complete dog; I just think that perhaps Dan bit off too much at once for that title.  I could see it as "Task Force commander Fletcher" as opposed to Nimitz and the entire Pacific war.  I am intrigued by the "Tiger" title but will await publication and subsequent reviews first.  I understand that "Hornet/Falcon/Apache Leader" et al were quite excellent solitaire games so hoping that "Tiger" gets back on track and of a more appropriate scale for his game system.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

PanzersEast

Quote from: GJK on April 02, 2015, 07:39:02 AM
I'm a little gun shy regarding DVG titles at the moment only because having never played one previously, I was dissapointed with what came out with "Nimitz" simply because I had such high hopes for it.  Not that I think that it was a complete dog; I just think that perhaps Dan bit off too much at once for that title.  I could see it as "Task Force commander Fletcher" as opposed to Nimitz and the entire Pacific war.  I am intrigued by the "Tiger" title but will await publication and subsequent reviews first.  I understand that "Hornet/Falcon/Apache Leader" et al were quite excellent solitaire games so hoping that "Tiger" gets back on track and of a more appropriate scale for his game system.

Nimitz was a head scratcher for me... not what I was expecting.  Normally Dan has pretty solid mechanics, however the one felt like it made too many concessions for accessibility and I believe it is hard to do in a game of this magnitude.  There are so many factors that go into the campaign that trying to stream-line or simplify just does not work.

PE

Cyrano

In on Tiger Leader (I don't get why he bothered with the micro-armor, but courses for horses) and just ordered a new copy of "Frontline: D-Day" from a fellow on BBG.  I had zero interest in "Nimitz" and even less in the walky-robot thing, but have otherwise been smitten by DVG designs of late.  Enjoying "Warfighter" (not to be confused with the Bayonet Games offering that preceded it) a great deal after quite a few plays, "Down in Flames" is on the table now, and intend to open my copy of "FC: Napoleon" that's been sitting in the shrink since two GenCons ago.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

PanzersEast

Quote from: Cyrano on April 07, 2015, 09:24:50 AM
In on Tiger Leader (I don't get why he bothered with the micro-armor, but courses for horses) and just ordered a new copy of "Frontline: D-Day" from a fellow on BBG.  I had zero interest in "Nimitz" and even less in the walky-robot thing, but have otherwise been smitten by DVG designs of late.  Enjoying "Warfighter" (not to be confused with the Bayonet Games offering that preceded it) a great deal after quite a few plays, "Down in Flames" is on the table now, and intend to open my copy of "FC: Napoleon" that's been sitting in the shrink since two GenCons ago.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

I have Frontline:D-Day and played one or two games (I'm still on the fence on it, but I think I like it).... I like it, although some do not.  FC:Napoleon is probably one of the best games Dan has designed IMO, I like the game a lot.  Warfighter is a great game, very challenging.

PE