It take the paint off your car and wreck your FRIDAY, too...

Started by MetalDog, March 27, 2015, 06:03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I don't often inflict Frank Zappa on you fellas, but, this is a very tuneful song and bound to get stuck in your head if you listen.  You're welcome ;)

As for games, I am stuck in a Civ IV loop.  My mp friend has called me for three weeks straight to play, so, it looks like I will spend my gaming time this weekend as I have spent the last 21 days.  Looking forward to impressions on Pillars of Eternity, too.  HAPPY FRIDAY, GUYS!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Helldivers on ps4, ARMA 3, payday 2 and maybe some GALCIVIII, now that they have added planetary invasion!

Oh...and a crap load of packing. Closing on new house on Monday!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MetalDog

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 27, 2015, 06:05:50 AM
Helldivers on ps4, ARMA 3, payday 2 and maybe some GALCIVIII, now that they have added planetary invasion!

Oh...and a crap load of packing. Closing on new house on Monday!

Congrats on the house, JH!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

tgb

I will be spending a little time with a lot of titles, some finished, some not.  It's a gaming buffet!

A Druid's Duel
Corporate Machine
Ironcast
GalCiv III
Star Rulers II
Sovereignty

This on top of having to work this weekend.

KyzBP

There will be a lot of Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access this weekend.  I'll also continue trying to wrap my head around Wargame: AB.

BanzaiCat

Nothing. Nada, nichts. No games except for shipboard and shore excursions. We're leaving on the Carnival Freedom tomorrow for a week, going to Key West, Freeport, and Nassau. I've got a GrogCast to finish editing today and a ton of stuff to finish up so I doubt I'll even get a game in today.  :'(

I know...waaah.

I want to buy Valkyria Chronicles, though, since it's on sale for six bucks (normally 20 bucks) and it looks good, so it'll be waiting for me when I get home. :)

undercovergeek

I hope to be shooting con in the face some more with CMBS and updating the aar

Selling handbags to my regular customers in the PrON pbem

Designing a CMBS map

And hovering over the buy button for pillars of eternity

Rayfer

Finally got seriously into Wasteland 2, quite a well done game.  Now all this Pillars of Eternity talk has me thinking of a new purchase. So far I've held off. I know if I get it, Wasteland 2 will sit on the sidelines yet again for a long time.

Gusington

PICTS!!! In Attila TW, that is. Also going on a week's vacation, part of which will be spent with The Wife in Charleston, SC.

Enjoy the cruise BC...Key West is fantastic. And good luck with the closing JH!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

A little Tropico 5 tonight.

Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.

Some Normandy 44 PBEM on Sunday. Canadians are finally moving. Sword has linked up with the 6th Para. Gold is rushing inland.

Happy new Home JH. Don't get too burnt on the cruise Banzai.

Anguille

@JH...congrats to your new home  O0

I am going to continue my Teyes campaign in Armada 2526 Gold....I am in a big campaign with 1000 turns (played about 430 turns so far) and am in a large war against the Klurgu (who are number 2 so far). I've been climbing up from rank 8 to rank 4...still a long way to go but I need glorious victories to gain the points...population and research points won't be enough (despite my 50 colonies, I am still only number 6 I think in terms of empire size). This campaign reminds why I think this game is one of the best 4x imho...Huge map, challenging AI, battles with hundreds of space ships etc...

Maybe something else...will see.

JudgeDredd

Enjoy the cruise BC - I always wanted to do a cruise round the Fjords in Norway and Sweden, but I'm petrified of deep water and wouldn't be able to sleep.

Congrats on the house move JH.

Likely no gaming after tonight. I'm going to an old army pals birthday party in York tomorrow and back Sunday.

If I do game tonight, and it's debatable, it'll maybe be Assetto Corsa or perhaps....you know what...I don't know. I'll likely not even fire up Assetto Corsa. What I'll probably do is sit and stare at my desktop, fire up World in Flames and jump out. Fire up War in the West and bail. Fire up DCS only to have it update, then abandon ship.

I'll then put a James Bond movie in and watch it - probably (You Only Live Twice is next).

I just can't focus on gaming currently. Despite having a shed load of great games.

I desparately want to learn to play World in Flames. I absolutely love the look of that game (though the interface is shite). But the chits and the terrain are gorgeous in my book...but I just am totally out of my depth and I simply can't justify the time it needs for me to learn it. I never get past the Lend Lease window!
Alba gu' brath

JasonPratt

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 27, 2015, 07:01:03 AM
I want to buy Valkyria Chronicles, though, since it's on sale for six bucks (normally 20 bucks) and it looks good, so it'll be waiting for me when I get home. :)

It's good; buy with confidence. :)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

See, GH is pretty much the anti-AA, enabling addiction since 20##.  O0

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on March 27, 2015, 07:47:56 AM

Serious beer drinking tomorrow with some friends for my 50th.

Happy birthday old timer!  :))