I want my....I want my Fridayyyy threadddddd.....

Started by Toonces, March 06, 2015, 03:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it.  You play them video games on a Friday night....

I'm torn in a few directions (see cRPG nerd thread) but basically I'm looking at:

Morrowind with mods
Oblivion with mods
Steel Beasts Pro 3.x that I bought last weekend
Wargame: Air Land Battle with slow-down mod

Edit:  crap, forgot Neverwinter Nights 2!

Not a bad time to be a gamer at all lately...    O:-)

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

tgb

Anguille

I will try to win the current "impossible" mission I am playing in Worldshift. I don't see why some games have such difficult missions...

I will also continue my 2 space campaigns in Armada 2526 and Endless Space.

undercovergeek

I'm unleashing the Vikings in airland battle after a trip down memory lane

Might squeeze in a rares run in elite

And some Fallen Enchantress LH - about 20 mini stacks of escaped darklings have just appeared and are wreaking havoc on my mines and outposts

jomni

SABOW
CMBS PBEM
Research for my Pike and Shot mod. Read FOG Renaissance Rules and Asian Armies expansion.

Maybe no time for my regular weekend X-Plane flights.

KyzBP

MetalDog

Civ IV Beyond the Sword has its hooks in me again.  I have a solo and a MP game going.  IN the solo, I am Asoka and I am at war with Tokugawa, who shares my continent with me.  Ragnar has declared on Tokugawa and asked me along.  The Viking has taken two Japanese cities and so have I.  I am looking to take three more and call it a war for now.

In the MP, I am Hatshepsut.  I have completely eliminated Genghis and vassalled Montezuma.  I am at war with Alexander and plan to take him off the board.  Unfortunately, my friend and competittor has vassalled Boudica and Hammurabi and is at war with Ragnar.  A war that I desperately want to join but don't have the spare manpower to get in to.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

republic

Talos Principle and causing diplomatic catastrophes in Command Modern Air Naval Operations.... 

Last night I lost 7 Italian F-105's striking Albania...all I got for my losses was a destroyed parking space.  I haven't played CMANO much because of Republic Jr's arrival...but last night as my losses mounted the news headlines were popping in my head....   

QuotePresident Alessandro "Sandro" Pertini is unavailable for comment as a covert strike has gone terribly wrong.  This morning Italian forces attempted to disable airfields in Gjadër and Kuçovë Albania but suffered severe losses.  One source close to the oppositional party was quoted as saying "Its almost as if President Pertini's people have no idea what they are doing.  A spokesperson for President Reagan has stated that this situation underscores the need for an increased US defense budget.  Another source close to the administration was more candid saying "It is clear that the United States must bear the burden of the defense of NATO countries, especially in light of a founding member unable to perform a relatively simple strike on a 3rd world target."

Gusington

Wow...harshing both Italy and Albania in one foul swoop.

Continuing my Attila TW campaign as the Geats, holding off northern European hordes and trying to destroy the Burgundians while reestablishing a colony in Britain.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Martok

Continuing my Volmar campaign in Armada 2526 Supernova.  Gonna colonize every molten rock in the galaxy! 

All the talk about Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes lately has gotten me back in the mood for it, so will be firing that up as well. 

I also want to play a couple more missions in Klingon Academy.  (Just wish the game wasn't so prone to crashing...) 

Beyond that, there's a bunch of games singing their siren call:  Rome 2, Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, Star Wars: Empire at War, and Baldur's Gate all sound very appealing right now (and that's just off the top of my head)...  ::) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Jarhead0331

Probably some more Homeworld Remastered, some Vietnam '65, maybe some Steel Armor BoW and some more Shogun 2 and/or Empire TW...

We should be closing on the new house soon, so we really need to start the process of packing and throwing crap away.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

I'll be working through my HW2rm campaign, possibly starting another RTW2 gc and maybe getting back into ALB.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

PanzersEast

Well rejoining the world of PC gaming.... will break out a little

- Darkest Dungeon
- Space Hulk
- Startup a new campaign, not sure which game

PE

bbmike

Quote from: Martok on March 06, 2015, 08:41:28 AM
I also want to play a couple more missions in Klingon Academy.  (Just wish the game wasn't so prone to crashing...) 

At least you can play it. It's the one Star Trek game I really regret never picking up.  :(
I may play Horizon (I just started working on my Star Trek mod again). Probably continue my EU4: El Dorado game. Who knows what else will distract me.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MengJiao

Quote from: republic on March 06, 2015, 07:16:27 AM
Talos Principle and causing diplomatic catastrophes in Command Modern Air Naval Operations.... 

Oh CMANO.  I might set something up and try out the Sea Slug.  What else?  Probably just boardgames such as Flying Colors.