Ashes of the Singularity announced by Stardock (Linux, Mac, Windows)

Started by Huw the Poo, March 04, 2015, 06:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huw the Poo

Stardock have today announced Ashes of the Singularity.

"Not an RTS battle, an RTS war"

Here's the FAQ - it's very interesting reading.  The big deal about this game is that the game will scale from several units up to whole armies, with units becoming meta-units as you scale up.

There don't seem to be any videos yet but there are nice-looking screenshots on the website.  What I'm personally most excited about is that it will come to Linux - this could be a major turning point for Stardock, and will hopefully mean GalCiv 3 on Linux as well as whatever else they make.

panzerde

Very interesting idea. If they can really pull off the meta-unit thing this could be pretty good.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Steelgrave

I think developers must be running out of names for their games, lol! At least it's innovative.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

vyshka

Quote from: Huw the Poo on March 04, 2015, 06:30:44 PM
Stardock have today announced Ashes of the Singularity.

"Not an RTS battle, an RTS war"

Here's the FAQ - it's very interesting reading.  The big deal about this game is that the game will scale from several units up to whole armies, with units becoming meta-units as you scale up.

There don't seem to be any videos yet but there are nice-looking screenshots on the website.  What I'm personally most excited about is that it will come to Linux - this could be a major turning point for Stardock, and will hopefully mean GalCiv 3 on Linux as well as whatever else they make.

Very small video on twitter from originpc of it running on DX11 and DX12:

https://twitter.com/ORIGINPCCEO/status/573215013424390145

This is the team that made the Nitrous engine that was being demoed a while back, and this is the game they have built on top of it.

Martok

Looking at the screenshots, it makes the scale of the Supreme Commander series seem downright modest by comparison.  (Now just imagine what could be done with a 4x game that allowed space battles this size...!)  :o 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Tpek

Huw the Poo

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.  This is all Boggit's fault!

Gusington

I wanted to merge this earlier but on my phone it's almost impossible. Once I get to a proper computerI can do it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

AchillesLastStand

Had to reopen this to announce that Ashes of the Singularity has been released on Steam early access for 20% off which puts the price at 39.99. It looks to be a mix of Supreme Commander and Company of Heroes. Anyone jumped on this yet?
http://ashesofthesingularity.com/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228880/

Jarhead0331

I've had it for months, but haven't played too much. What I have experienced is positive though.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

saw this - i have an unplayed sup com and sup com 2 on the HD - im going to give those a try first