Thumbs up to Paradox

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, February 28, 2015, 02:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Ever since I got CKII I've been having a minor issue with the music tracks stuttering.  It's never really been a big deal to me but I posted to their tech support forum anyway.  One of their guys had me go through a number of steps but in the end, we were never able to get the issue resolved.  (It seems like stuttering music is something that's common enough to be a problem they recognize but a solution eludes them.) 

They apologized and gave me a 20% off coupon for any Paradox title.  Seems like they've really learned their lesson from a few years ago and are doing their utmost to support the customer.   Hopefully we'll not see another horribly bugged early release like Naval War: Arctic Circle or Sword of the Stars II.

I think I'm going to use my coupon to pre-order Pillars of Eternity.

Nefaro

FarAway Sooner

Bugs happen, but it's nice to see a company shouldering some accountability for the severity of bugs.

airboy

I bought Pride of Nations from Matrix/Slitherine (boxed) and the CD holder part was broken and there was no manual.

I emailed them.  They said that the boxed version did not come with a printed manual (bummer - but consistent with the web description), and they sent me a new boxed copy with a new disk which arrived within a week.  They had very good service - and also taught me to read their web descriptions of the boxed sets more carefully.

Boggit

I think that is a good policy. People appreciate being treated fairly. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat