Main Menu

Ingress

Started by LongBlade, February 26, 2015, 10:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I'd never heard of this before, but a quick search of the forums tells me that Huw was on the trail a couple of years ago (http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=8187.msg203573#msg203573).

Anybody been playing? It looks like a geocaching game where players have a capture-the-flag element to taking and holding specific points on a map. When a triangle is formed one team (of two) takes over the area inside. Could be interesting. More interesting is how little news there is on it yet it has a substantial following.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

One of my Wednesday game group guys is a big fan, but I uninstalled it as bloatware as soon as I got my new phone
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Huw the Poo

Actually I did get around to trying it out.  I've since stopped playing since my daily routines don't vary enough to make the day interesting, but I did think it was pretty cool in a gimmicky sort of way.  I wonder if it's been developed much in the interim.