Started by Jarhead0331, January 30, 2015, 11:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

OORAH! The link for pre-orders is out!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

bbmike

Just curious, how can it be 'released' if it's a pre-order?  ???
Is it early access?
Sometimes, I do miss the old days.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Great Ajax

People who pre-ordered the game get notified via email that the game download is available before the game is officially announced on the webpage as released.  It's just to allow the folks who pre-ordered to get a jump on the download before the masses.

Trey

Jarhead0331

Yeah...it actually says in the email not to tell anyone because it may result in a surge of pre-orders, but I can't download until I get home tonight anyway... :'(
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mikeck

How long until the unwashed masses can go to the site and buy the game and download?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

bbmike

Ah, that makes sense. And good timing I suppose as Russia has started flying bombers over the English Channel.  ::)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Cyrano

To repeat...

AAAAAAGH...trapped at work...

OK, only one this time...

Jim
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

sandman2575

Quote from: mikeck on January 30, 2015, 12:03:47 PM
How long until the unwashed masses can go to the site and buy the game and download?

Anyone know?  I have to assume at some point later today if not tomorrow.  I didn't pre-order 'cause I'm so completely engrossed in Red Thunder (and feel very out of my depth in the arena of modern warfare) -- but y'all have whipped up so much excitement that I now want in on the fun too   8)

fabius

Was going to buy pre order until I saw shipping cost of £27 !!

JudgeDredd

^ yep  :'(

If they did a pre-order download, they'd have had my money a month ago
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

i did some forum archeology over at BF
and it looks like the last time around (with CMRT) about 3hous after the first preloaders reported their downloads it was unlocked for all.

this lead to an estimate of 20:00 GMT   :)

fabius

Quote from: MikeGER on January 30, 2015, 01:29:03 PM
i did some forum archeology over at BF
and it looks like the last time around (with CMRT) about 3hous after the first preloaders reported their downloads it was unlocked for all.

this lead to an estimate of 20:00 GMT   :)

Thanks for head up. I can get some work done and refresh form 8

sandman2575

I hope some of the terrific modders like Aris will turn their talents to Black Sea. My CMx2 WWII modules are pretty nattily tricked out with mods and they look and sound fantastic -- but vanilla CMx2 is a bit garish on both counts.

Cyrano

It's funny you say that Sandman as, during one of my recent games with Doug, I was remarking on how much better unmodded CMx2 is than was the case for CMx1.  I had an entire external hard drive filled with CM:BB mods and once specced a PC just to run my particular flavor of grass modification suitably.

I have, if I recall correctly, no mods on any of my CMx2 since SF.

Courses for horses, I suppose.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2015, 12:01:56 PM
Yeah...it actually says in the email not to tell anyone because it may result in a surge of pre-orders, but I can't download until I get home tonight anyway... :'(
After yer shite trick last night, why not let me download it for you JH?  :P
Alba gu' brath