Cults and Daggers

Started by Greybriar, January 30, 2015, 05:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greybriar

Now this looks interesting. Cults and Daggers is an upcoming game from a company by the name of Chaphat. It is scheduled for release in February 2015 and the only place I have found it available thus far is from Steam. The description of Cults and Daggers follows:

Cults and Daggers is a strategy game set in the Hellenistic era between the death of Buddha and the birth of Christ.

You create your own religion and fight a secret war for the soul of the world. With your disciples you spread your faith throughout the Mediterranean world by preaching to the people and converting noble families. You and the other cults are the hidden powers behind history, you secretly manipulate the rise and fall of great city states to further your ambitions.

But the Old God's are also stirring, taking advantage of the time between Buddha and Christ to try and destroy the world they can no longer rule. You must stop them by sending your disciples to their places of power and defeating their evil.

A sprawling, deep and complex game which covers over 400 years of history, spies, assassinations, double dealing, occult forces , martyrs , prophets and blasphemers.

Write your own myths. Single player against the AI or upto 4 player Multiplayer.

Cults and Daggers. Faith, Hope and Conspiracy.

-Turn based Strategy over 400 years of history.
    -Create and customise your own Faith
    -Procedurally generated technology tree and adventure system
    -In depth modelled spying system allows for deep subterfuge
    -Complete ambient music Album "Cults and Daggers" included
    -Single player. Hotseat & PBEM multiplayer

I may just have to pick it up.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Tpek

Looks interesting.
Thanks for the heads-up!

Gusington

Holy crap (pun intended)...you just blew my mind.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on January 30, 2015, 08:57:59 AM
Holy crap (pun intended)...you just blew my mind.

LOL....the game doesn't interest me but the posted humor is worth the read.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Barthheart

That looks interesting..... and only $30......

steve58

...putting this one on my watch list. Thx for the heads up.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

panzerde

Looks pretty interesting. Added to watchlist. Thanks for the heads up!

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

glen55

I always wait for a few reviews and impressions before buying anything (not from Bioware), but I am not likley to miss this.
Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

Is that a real release date or an early access date?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

*shrug* neither of the two threads (here's the 2nd ref, (in the announcement news)) I've seen referencing Feb 12 said anything about Early Access...

Tpek

Seems (so far) like it'll be a full release.

Upcoming EA titles are usually noted as EA.

Gusington

Cool...will check it out in more detail on Steam.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd