Looking at Friday through the Eyes of a Tired Hub

Started by Jarhead0331, January 23, 2015, 06:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

So, what's it going to be? Maybe some Star Wars Rebellion and some FPS Syndicate?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Bison

I'm tempted by SW Rebellion, but most likely will end up playing Dom4 or Fallen Enchantress. 

MetalDog

^ Got FE a couple of weeks ago.  Played some and see it's similar to a fantasy Civ, but, it's not really grabbing me like I want it to.  What's your secret?

I will definitely try some more Fallen Enchantress and Skyrim this weekend.  And if any of my MP partners are about, some Warlock or Age of WOnders III.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

^Sorry MD, but we have visitors for Sunday lunch so I wont be on until early evening :-(

Been getting into Planetary Annihilation. Its OK but I am finding the battles are getting a bit repetitive and predictable, although I am only playing solo mode.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

working all weekend, but when i can squeeze in some gaming im mid way through a 71 stop rares haul in Elite

for some reason im feeling the pull of Wargame Red Dragon so there might be some of that too, once i reacquaint myself with the decks, or maybe some plain ALB

MetalDog

Quote from: bob48 on January 23, 2015, 07:01:03 AM
^Sorry MD, but we have visitors for Sunday lunch so I wont be on until early evening :-(

Been getting into Planetary Annihilation. Its OK but I am finding the battles are getting a bit repetitive and predictable, although I am only playing solo mode.

It's alright, bob.  I am used to being disappointed by others :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bob48

Awww :'(

However, we may still be able to get some of our AoW game in later?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

Battle Academy 2 - Eastern Front and perhaps some Company of Heroes 2. To be honest the former has grabbed me much more than the latter did.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bbmike

I may restart my SCII Pacific campaign. If the PoN patch gets released I may start a new game of that. I also plan to try Star Wars Rebellion to see what all the fuss is about.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Shelldrake

More mindless fun with Armoured Princess. I have a hankering for some RPG time so I may spend some time with Oblivion. For strategy gaming it will be Endless Space or Empire Total War. This should keep me busy and out of trouble!  ;D

Gus, if COH2 is not grabbing you try COH with the Blitzkrieg mod.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Barthheart

This weekend is boardgaming with my 6 buddies at our annual Winter Guyz weekend.

4 hr drive to TO followed by Thai food and Halo, 3 or 4 or Reach, and table top video game Tempest and much beer tonight.
Boardgames, Sergeants Miniatures Game, DVG's Modern Naval Battles, Munchkin, Frag!, Wings of War, and more Halo and Tempest all day tomorrow with lots more beer.
Sunday some short boardgames and a 4hr drive home.

I'll try to get some un-blurry pics posted.

Anguille

Have a busy weekend ahead (invitations home and outside). Still I want to:

- Complete the Japanese Incentive campaign. I believe that there's only one chapter left which I will start tonight.

- Play some Star Wars: Rebellion or Star Wars: Galactic Battleground or Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.

- Continue my campaign in cough Lords of the cough black sun cough  :crazy2:. Bought it this week on steam for 10 bucks. I guess if I play 10 hours of it (already 1), it will be worth it.

Shelldrake

Quote from: Barthheart on January 23, 2015, 08:15:53 AM
This weekend is boardgaming with my 6 buddies at our annual Winter Guyz weekend.

4 hr drive to TO followed by Thai food and Halo, 3 or 4 or Reach, and table top video game Tempest and much beer tonight.
Boardgames, Sergeants Miniatures Game, DVG's Modern Naval Battles, Munchkin, Frag!, Wings of War, and more Halo and Tempest all day tomorrow with lots more beer.
Sunday some short boardgames and a 4hr drive home.

I'll try to get some un-blurry pics posted.

Sounds like a great time. Almost makes me wish I still lived in TO!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

tgb

SW:Rebellion and Blackguards 2 for sure, perhaps some Hell.  I may check out the new beta for GalCiv 3 that dropped this week.

JasonPratt

Continue puzzling out how to win WW1 as Russia in Darkest Hour. (Using the "AAR" mod should certainly help; I'm not convinced it's possible to keep from being wiped out early as Russia in vanilla DH Full.)

I have a bit of a hankering to find out what the state of Ultimate General: Gettysburg is. It was already very good when I got it at release, but the devs were so great about fixing and updating it every week that I basically dropped out to let them work on it for a while. Haven't seen an upgrade recently, so...!

Not sure what else I'll mess with yet.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!