Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Within on Android  (Read 1879 times)

Offline James Sterrett

• Order of the Square Button
  • Viking
XCOM: Enemy Within on Android
« on: January 20, 2015, 07:47:06 PM »
It contains all the content of Enemy Unknown...  and it works very well on my tablet!   :D

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: XCOM: Enemy Within on Android
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 06:46:14 AM »
I thought about pointing my brother toward that -- he ought to remember me playing the original UFO: Enemy Unknown back in our college dorm room (somehow I got the British version, hearkening back to the 60s TV show in its title as a nod to its game design, not the American X-Com label).

However, I've read that the game is randomly unstable (depending on the make and model of droid, even recent models), which seems a big risk to take on a relatively high-dollar game.
FIRE IN THE GROGS TOO -- a four-player full team mp of GMT's Vietnam War boardgame Fire in the Lake, recreated in TTS.

The GROGPUBLIC OF ROME ongoing forum game thread

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR

The full pdf of Cry of Justice has been posted to the Grogheads Book category here.

Offline PAK

• Velites
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:18:23 AM »
On my Asus FHD10 (Andy 4.3) it doesn't even want to install...

Offline GenSlack

• Hoplite
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »
I am leery of that, too.  I purchased Terraria.  It worked fine for months then this big update comes up and suddenly a game I paid for is unplayable (it force closes immediately) and their patches since have not solved the problem.  Definitely an instance where the fractured android market is a big problem, making premium purchases on my part even less likely and with distrustful customers not making purchases developers are less willing to port good games to Android.  A vicious cycle.

I thought about pointing my brother toward that -- he ought to remember me playing the original UFO: Enemy Unknown back in our college dorm room (somehow I got the British version, hearkening back to the 60s TV show in its title as a nod to its game design, not the American X-Com label).

However, I've read that the game is randomly unstable (depending on the make and model of droid, even recent models), which seems a big risk to take on a relatively high-dollar game.

Offline James Sterrett

• Order of the Square Button
  • Viking
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:13 PM »
Enemy Unknown would not run on my table.   Enemy Within runs fine.  I don't know why.....

Offline bayonetbrant

• Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • Loitering With Intent
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 04:29:40 AM »
would not run on my table

you need to upgrade!  just add a "t" to the end, and voila! problem solved :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers