Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 1524 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline vyshka

  • Viking
  • ****
  • Posts: 372
Tapatalk
« on: January 07, 2015, 01:31:08 PM »
I'm not sure how recently this took place, but a big thumbs up for implementing tapatalk support for grogheads. Makes it much easier to read on the phone and tablet.

 O0


Offline bayonetbrant

  • Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • *****
  • Posts: 37049
  • Loitering With Intent
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 01:42:21 PM »
I'm not sure how recently this took place, but a big thumbs up for implementing tapatalk support for grogheads. Makes it much easier to read on the phone and tablet.

 O0

it was last fall:  http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11266.0

glad you're liking it :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline spelk

  • Man-at-Arms
  • *****
  • Posts: 1518
    • sugarfreegamer
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:43:06 AM »
Just installed Tapatalk on my phone and it won't let me connect to the Grogheads forum. I've previously had it loaded and connected ok - so wondered if anything has changed this end?

Added Grogheads to Tapatalk, and then tried to sign in and it reports "Failed to connect to forum".

Offline Staggerwing

  • Blunderbuster
  • ****
  • Posts: 20615
  • "Today your love... tomorrow the World!"
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:03:41 AM »
IIRC Tapatalk has been disabled on the Grogheads forums because it was causing problems for non-users.
Vituš ér enn - eša hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

Offline bayonetbrant

  • Chief Arrogance Mitigator
  • Musketeer
  • *****
  • Posts: 37049
  • Loitering With Intent
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 06:25:32 AM »
IIRC Tapatalk has been disabled on the Grogheads forums because it was causing problems for non-users.

It was causing hugely slow load-times for forum pages on mobile devices using browsers as Tapatalk was checking every single page for a Tapatalk install on your mobile device.  We turned it off and the pages started loading very snappily on mobile devices.

Tapatalk would've been great if we were all using it for the forums.  But truthfully, barely 5% of our forums hits were coming through it, and the frustration for the other 95% just wasn't worth it.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Offline spelk

  • Man-at-Arms
  • *****
  • Posts: 1518
    • sugarfreegamer
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 12:58:13 AM »
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.