Canvas Knights - Casual WWI Flight Sim?

Started by Gusington, December 20, 2014, 04:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Another WWI flight sim...just stumbled upon this  :D:

http://www.allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=34652

Anyone have any experience with it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TacticalWargames

Haven't tried it...but I doubt anything will beat Wings Over Flanders Field V2.

magnus

I tried the demo. It reminds me of the Third Wire WWI game.

They do add a lot of new planes to the set and many of these are ones that you never see in the bigger WWI games.

Gusington

Is there someplace to see screenshots, descriptions of campaigns and gameplay, etc.? The site seems to be just forums/threads.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2014, 07:13:34 PM
Is there someplace to see screenshots, descriptions of campaigns and gameplay, etc.? The site seems to be just forums/threads.

Forum of screens and videos

http://www.allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=88

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Nope, didn't even know about it until you posted the info:)

Gusington

Hmm...I wish the site had more detail available without digging around.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

They do have a demo....I downloaded it and tried it.  Didn't really hold my attention, controls seemed a little jumpy to me.  To be honest, they are asking $30 for it and can't see how that makes sense to me, especially if WOFF only costs $45 and is much more robust.  This game does not appear to have any kind of campaigns right now, just single missions.  It does have something unique which is the ability to play some of the ground units, at least that is what is implied.

Again, didn't put enough time into it, but usually if something doesn't grab me right away, its a good sign for me to walk away for now:)

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 20, 2014, 09:45:28 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 20, 2014, 09:41:43 PM

They do have a demo....I downloaded it and tried it.  Didn't really hold my attention, controls seemed a little jumpy to me.  To be honest, they are asking $30 for it and can't see how that makes sense to me, especially if WOFF only costs $45 and is much more robust.  This game does not appear to have any kind of campaigns right now, just single missions.  It does have something unique which is the ability to play some of the ground units, at least that is what is implied.

Again, didn't put enough time into it, but usually if something doesn't grab me right away, its a good sign for me to walk away for now:)

It also looks like it came straight from the year 2000. 

I'm not seeing anything that will outclass the two I currently own in any way.

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on December 20, 2014, 11:54:40 PM

You can drive tanks.

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on December 21, 2014, 12:03:03 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on December 20, 2014, 11:54:40 PM

You can drive tanks.

Painfully slow WWI tanks in an antiquated sim?  No thanks.

Gusington

Upon further review maybe there's a reason why I haven't heard of this until now.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

RyanE

I think that game started out on the IL2:FB engine and then went off in another direction.  I remember it being a couple IL2 modders who wanted to build a WW1 mod.

btw, WOFF is $90 isn't it...$45 for the original version and another $45 for the updated version.  That is on top of needing CFS3.  I actually don't think the plane models in CK look that much worse than WOFF.  But WOFF's environment looks a heck of a lot better.  Of course, that is just form looking at CK's videos.

Staggerwing

Canvas Knights looks like it uses the same engine as 'Vehicle Simulator' (related to the earlier 'Virtual Sailor' with added flight model). Vehicle Simulator is also $30, and lets you build other stuff as well, such as ships.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys