Battle Fleet 2 -- Cross Platform MP?

Started by Cyrano, December 19, 2014, 04:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

First, let me say that BF2 is one of the best little games I've ever found as part of the Steam sale.  It's everything Victory at Sea tried to be and failed.  Loving it to little pieces at the moment...

That said, it boasts cross-platform MP, but I can't seem to get it to work between Steam and my iPad.  I've registered different accounts, brought both up to current re: patching, and yet, when I enter the lobby, I can't see anyone else.

Anyone else have a poke at this?

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Somewhat related, Navy Field 2 went live recently.

http://www.navyfield2.com/

If multi-player is your focus.  Another battle arena freeToP.

Cyrano

And in what way is showing me ANOTHER game at this time of year in any way assistance...

Downloading "Legend of Korra" for the boy at the moment...

Lord.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Skoop

I have this in my list of games to get on the holiday sale.  Glad you gave it a good review, definitely getting it now.

Cyrano

You won't be disappointed, I don't think.  Given how relatively quiet its launch was -- and how ambitious the developer's plans for it appear to be -- it's almost a perfect example of under-promising and over-delivering.  Just wish I could get the cross-platform MP stuff to work...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

capitalj

Hey,

I'm the dev of Battle Fleet 2. The game has just been updated to 1.13 on Steam but I'm still waiting for Apple to approve the update for the iPad, so until then the Steam version is not compatible with the iPad versions. It should be good to go within a week or 2 though.

Thanks!
-JJ

Cyrano

Well, as I said over on Steam -- thanks for the great support.

Gents, if you're in the market for a lighter WWII naval game, this is definitely worth supporting -- and the price is certainly right.  Also, if any of you would like to have a go at Steam MP, just let me know.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

Nefaro

I thought he said that multi-player isn't working until Apple gets off it's duff and approves the update for it's Borg Collective?

Having an aversion to Apple in general, I'd be a bit tizzied about having to wait on them for a Windows game feature to work. 

Cyrano

No, cross-platform won't work until Apple sorts its sad self out.

I gather -- perhaps incorrectly -- that PC - to - PC should work fine...

Jim

Nefaro

I've wanted to pick this up.  Not been in a naval warfare mood lately though so I'll grab it when the itch strikes.

capitalj

Quote from: Cyrano on December 20, 2014, 02:05:47 PM
No, cross-platform won't work until Apple sorts its sad self out.

I gather -- perhaps incorrectly -- that PC - to - PC should work fine...

Jim

Right, so this doesn't affect PC/Mac (Steam) multiplayer, or iPad-iPad multiplayer. It's just that the recent update on Steam has multiplayer changes so it won't work with older (non 1.13) versions of the game, which is what the iPad version is. The android version has actually been updated as well so that will work between the Steam version.

Cyrano

Sort of closing the loop here...the latest patch for Battle Fleet 2 fixes the cross-platform multiplayer.

This, again, is the game that I think VaS should have been.  I really do hope the developer has the chance to evolve other fleets and, eventually, team multi-player...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"

Barthheart

How do we get an MP game going? I've got it fer my iPad and would be willing to have at it.

Cyrano

You just say when and I'll host one up..

You go into multiplayer and look for my game...frankly, there's not been too many around of late...

As I say, though, just say when beach-side :).

Jim