Pendragon Admin

Started by Toonces, April 24, 2012, 01:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Placeholder.

I respectfully request all non-playing forum members (and players) post comments and out-of-character discussion in this thread.  Additionally, I will post "gamemaster" information in this thread to keep the main story thread "in story".

My potential players are:
Barthheart
Staggerwing
Arctic Blast

If anyone else would like to join in, please use this thread to post your interest.  There will be opportunities to join the campaign later, or join as a squire if you prefer to play a lesser role or more part-time.

I will need to see copies of everyone's character sheets.  Post a screenshot in this thread.  If you have not created a character yet, and you would like a pre-generated character (that you can modify by adjusting numbers), please let me know.

You do not need to create a family, yet. 

Ground rules:
My main intent of this is to HAVE FUN.  I've completely read through the rules twice, but there is a lot there.  In many ways we will learn the rules together.  I ask for your patience with me if I goon up the rules.  Likewise, I intend to run the campaign without too much danger to the player characters at first until we all wrap our heads around the game system.  Once we're comfortable, we'll ramp up the lethality appropriately. 

My primary reference for the campaign will be The Great Pendragon Campaign companion to the Pendragon rules.  I intend to run a campaign with minimal magic.  I reserve the right, though, to break off from the campaign script from time to time and borrow from other RPGs. 

I will post more information in this thread later as I start figuring out stuff we need to hammer out administratively.

Good luck!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

I'm probably better off with a pre-made character. When I tried to make one for MetalDog's RPG I drove myself crazy trying to figure it out because I'm such a N00b. I'll
accept whatever I'm given and do my best with it.  ;)
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Ok, I'll get you one this afternoon or this evening.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

Ok, here's page 1 of Godric's sheets....

Barthheart

Arctic Blast

Okay, back to the character generation!  ;D This is probably going to take me a couple of days, so if you want to start up and maybe have me somehow join in shortly, that might be a good idea.

Oh, and my 'character sheet' is going to end up being a big list of stuff...stupid Barthheart and his scanner making the rest of us look bad... ;D

Toonces

Arctic (and Stagger), there are pre-generated characters in the Pendragon rulebook, pages 35 and 36.  What I strongly recommend is that you guys pick one of those as a template and feel free to adjust numbers up or down on a one-for-one basis, adjust your religion if you'd like, passions, etc. 

For right now, we only need one character apiece.  As we get going (and provided we all find this interesting enough to invest our time in), we'll develop families and such. 

Let's get some characters whipped up and try to get started this week.  The first adventure is introductory so we can figure out how to play the game on the forum.  Your first adventure after being knighted will be much, much more robust!

I expect, at a post apiece per day (or around 5 per week), it will take us about a month to get to our first big adventure.  That's plenty of time to develop your character's family and background.

Arctic Blast

Nice. Okay, I think what I'll do is take a pre-gen but maybe roll my own set of characteristics. Should be able to get that done when I get home from work tomorrow.

Staggerwing

I'll go through it tonight and get started.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

Arctic Blast

Yep, I finally got a chance to print off a character sheet and the relevant section of the rulebook. I'll get that done tonight and be ready to roll when I log in tomorrow.

Arctic Blast

Okay, I threw my character together as a .doc file. Got that attached here, and I'll copy/paste it below. I went ahead and rolled everything up rather than using a pre-made one.  ;D

There were a couple of things I noticed Bathheart didn't do : Starting Glory score, Starting Hate (Saxons) for Passions and an additional belonging. Did you want us to do those, Toonces? I did, but I didn't pit it in that doc. Lemme know if you want those and I'll post them in here, too.

Also, with hit points, damage dice and the like, all of mine ended up as fractions. I rounded them up. If that's wrong, let me know and I'll tweak them and set them up rounded down.

Cliff's Ghetto Character Sheet

Personal Data

Name : Dalan
Homeland : Salisbury
Culture : Cymric       Religion : Pagan
Lord : Sir Roderick, Earl of Salisbury
Current Class : Squire
Current Home : Stapleford Manor

Personality Traits

Chaste/Lustful : 7/13
Energetic/Lazy : 16/4 (Famous trait)
Forgiving/Vengeful : 10/10
Generous/Selfish : 13/7
Honest/Deceitful : 13/7
Just/Arbitrary : 10/10
Merciful/Cruel : 10/10
Modest/Proud : 7/13
Pious/Worldly : 10/10
Prudent/Reckless : 10/10
Temperate/Indulgent : 10/10
Trusting/Suspicious : 10/10
Valorous/Cowardly : 15/5

Passions

Loyalty (Lord) : 15
Love (Family) : 15
Hospitality : 15
Honor : 15

Equipment Carried

Armor : Chainmail (10 points) & Shield (6 points)
Clothing : Fine clothing (1 Libra)
War Gear : 2 spears, 1 sword, 1 dagger
Decorated Saddle (Worth 1) - won as a tournament trophy

Statistics

Size : 13
Dex : 11
Str : 14
Con : 13 (including racial +3)
App : 14
Damage (Str+Siz/6) : 5d6
Healing Rate (Str+Con/10) : 3
Movement Rate (Str+Dex/10) : 3
Total Hit Points (Siz+Con) : 26
Unconscious (HP/4) : 7

Distinctive Features

Long Hair
Nice Smile

Skills

Awareness : 5
Boating : 1
Compose : 1
Courtesy : 3
Dancing : 5
Faerie Lore : 1
Falconry : 3
First Aid : 10
Flirting : 8
Folklore : 2
Gaming : 5
Heraldry : 13
Hunting : 10
Intrigue : 5
Orate : 3
Play (Harp) : 3
Read (Latin) : 0
Recognize : 3
Religion (Pagan) : 2
Romance : 10
Singing : 2
Stewardship : 2
Swimming : 2
Tourney : 10

Glory : 168

Combat Skills

Battle : 10
Horsemanship : 15
Sword : 15
Lance : 13
Spear : 6
Dagger : 5

Horses

Charger, Rouncy, Rouncy, Sumpter

Holdings : Stapleford Manor

Army

Old Knights : 0
Middle-Aged Knights : 1
Young Knights : 5
Total : 6
Vassal Knights : 0
Other Lineage Men : 16
Levy : 64

Family History & Events

Year Born : 465    Squired : 480
Father's Name : Hervis        Class : Vassal Knight
Family Characteristic : Love for Arms (+10 Heraldry)

Staggerwing

Dang. You and I both ended up with Stapleford Manor. Pagan as well :)
I'll change my Manor to something else so there is no issue. Maybe Wylye?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Staggerwing on April 26, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
Dang. You and I both ended up with Stapleford Manor. Pagan as well :)
I'll change my Manor to something else so there is no issue. Maybe Wylye?

LOL. Man, that's funny.

If you don't mind, it probably would make sense to switch.

Barthheart

Yeah I forgot to put my starting glory on the sheet, it's 162.

Starting passions was rolled as none, even though they klilled both my father and grandfather.

My only additional belonging was 1 libre! (Damn rolls!)

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Barthheart on April 26, 2012, 08:44:51 PM
Yeah I forgot to put my starting glory on the sheet, it's 162.

Starting passions was rolled as none, even though they klilled both my father and grandfather.

My only additional belonging was 1 libre! (Damn rolls!)

;D I did SLIGHTLY better than that. Not a ton of dinero, but it actually fits the character I was putting together.

Okay, I added that stuff to my list above.