Main Menu

Pox Nora

Started by Nefaro, December 15, 2014, 11:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

I had seen this years ago but the free-to-play thing was still something a bit foreign and scary back then.

Started checking out the different factions earlier.  Kinda hooked me in a competitive CCG-Strategy Boardgame kinda way.  If nothing else for the huge variety of units and abilities.  The only reason I bothered with DOTA was for the same reason, but that one isn't turn-based and has those screwy meta-strategies. 

Figured I'd at least get some tactical combat against the AI for awhile longer and see more.  If only something like AOW3 had so many interesting units with so many different abilities & synergies!  :-*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/201210/

Skwerl

It's an interesting game.  So far I've only played against the AI.  I suspect that playing against live humans would be a far tougher proposition!

JasonPratt

I wish it didn't sound like a girl I should probably stay away from...  :P

I did wishlist it though, for more exploration some time -- I like the basic thoughts behind it. (Also wish someone would just remake MTG Shandalar already...)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

Stay away from Pox.. this Pox, any Pox...

The game is constantly channeling you towards buying stuff. It's spammy as hell.
Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

And why the heck does this game suddenly receive attention anyway? It's been out there for ages and has been dropped by 2 different companies in its life.  >:D
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on December 16, 2014, 01:40:08 PM
Stay away from Pox.. this Pox, any Pox...

The game is constantly channeling you towards buying stuff. It's spammy as hell.
Don't say I didn't warn you. ;)

And why the heck does this game suddenly receive attention anyway? It's been out there for ages and has been dropped by 2 different companies in its life.  >:D

Since it 1) went to new, many say better, owners than SOE and 2) forgot about it until it went up on Steam recently.

I'm sure it gets to be a money nag just like all the other free-to-plays but I'll casually enjoy the free part long enough to lose the new game smell.

Been wanting something CCG or tabletop-ish but haven't found any compelling ones yet.

jomni

Sounds like a disease

Nefaro

Quote from: jomni on December 16, 2014, 07:45:52 PM
Sounds like a disease

A disease named after a woman.  Kinda like a hurricane. 

OR AN ARACHNICANE!   

>:D

JasonPratt

^^ I will never not get tired of that word.  :smitten:

...wait, that grammar didn't add up right. Sorry.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!