Operation Afganistan (Rework of Counters)

Started by PanzersEast, November 27, 2014, 10:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzersEast

I am now going through and reworking the counters for Operation Afghanistan... below are some working sample. Cheers

bayonetbrant

very cool.  you ought to share some of these over at CSW in their counter design forum, too :)

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd2df44/0
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

Hey PE.  Did you ever get in contact with the game creator to see if it was okay to post these in the BGG file section or wherever? 

I've not checked out any of his ground warfare solitaire games.  Still haven't cut out the stuff for Thud Ridge, which is the only one I currently have.  Not sure how I'll get on with it yet.

PanzersEast

I've updated all counters and refined from the ones I created above.  You can download the entire set from here:

OPERATION AFGHANISTAN COUNTER SET

Cheers,
PE

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 27, 2014, 12:15:47 PM
Hey PE.  Did you ever get in contact with the game creator to see if it was okay to post these in the BGG file section or wherever? 

I've not checked out any of his ground warfare solitaire games.  Still haven't cut out the stuff for Thud Ridge, which is the only one I currently have.  Not sure how I'll get on with it yet.

I did get permission, however after I finished the set some of the images I used I could not verify authors so I cannot upload to BGG.. but I do have a link in the Hunter Over Korea forum to download them.  I am working on combining them into one download like I did above.

I may work on Thud Ridge Next...

PE

MIGMaster

Nefaro

Isn't the usual spelling "Desantnik"?  Or is it just a Lysdexia moment on my part?

PanzersEast

Here are the re-worked Counters for Hunters Over Korea.  I am working on the maps now, however not sure how long that will take.

HUNTERS OVER KOREA COUNTERSET

PanzersEast

Quote from: Nefaro on November 28, 2014, 10:01:03 AM
Isn't the usual spelling "Desantnik"?  Or is it just a Lysdexia moment on my part?

Yep, you are correct... I will fix that.

Thanks,

PE

GJK

I'm working on wargaming graphics for print myself this morning as well....it's *almost* as fun as actually playing the game(s).  Great work here; very impressive!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Nefaro

PanzersEast

I have now reworked the map for Operation Afghanistan....

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

weateallthepies

Great work on these.

I've got Aces of Valor, and just grabbed the Roman conquest game, but I might have to get some of the ones you've improved.

PanzersEast

Quote from: weateallthepies on December 04, 2014, 03:16:12 PM
Great work on these.

I've got Aces of Valor, and just grabbed the Roman conquest game, but I might have to get some of the ones you've improved.

Thanks, next on my list is Aces of Valor and either King Arthur or Heroes of Argos.  I plan on upgrading all content as well.

Here is the Hunters Over Korea Map that is a Work in Progress to go with the Counter rework I have done.

Cheers,
PE