Thanksgiving Weekend Gaming Thread

Started by Kushan, November 26, 2014, 10:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Long holiday weekend for us here in the states. After eating copious amounts of food tomorrow I plan to lock myself away in the man cave and do nothing but game for the rest of the weekend.

EUIV (Austria) - I've got both Hungary and Burgundy locked in personal unions. I killed off all my man power in the war with Burgundy and manged to piss France off. Hoping they'll wait for my man power to recover before attacking me.

Distant Worlds - Continue with my AAR. Repair and refuel my fleets, then its off to pick another fight.

Xenonuats - Starting a new heavily modded play through. The modding community for this rivals KSP and the Elder scrolls/fallout games. Using the Community Edition as a base, I'll be using the Armored Warfare, Dynamic UFO, and Enhanced crash site mods along with the various map packs.

Skyrim - Something about this time of year makes me want to start a new character. Just about completed the transfer to Mod Organizer. Once that's complete all I have to do is decide what mods I'm going to use this time around.

World of Warcraft Continue the grind to 100

There probably be a couple hours devoted to KSP, Command, and Diablo 3 as well.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

And because I know you barbarians like bad music

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

Star Trek Online and some Endless Legend.

MetalDog

Not sure what exactly it will be, other than fretting about locking down the last playoff spot in my fantasy football league.  I am the defending champ and noone will be sad if I don't make it, but me.  Any gaming time spent will most likely be another run at Civ IV BtS on Monarch or EUIV again, although, I feel like that itch may have been scratched.  We'll see.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Apocalypse 31

JasonPratt

^^ Seriously, that's supposed to be the worst Steam game ever... ;)

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Training up as a newly minted leftn't in the Steel Legion in case, oh, that floating space hulk drifting through the system possibly hides some trouble.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

I've got some Warfighter to do with my son this weekend. Might break out some other board games as my mother comes to town, some old non-wargamy stuff like Ticket to Ride or that temple game Brant turned me on to that I can't recall the title of offhand (lol). Was thinking of even breaking out World of Warcraft: The Boardgame and playing it finally.

airboy

I'm finishing Allied Corps of all things.  Got it on a recent Matrix sale.  Also working on a manuscript that is work related.

Sir Slash

Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue after Decisive Campaigns Case Turkey. And dressing, Pumpkin Pie, a few drinks and football with a nap somewhere in there.  ::) God bless those Pilgrims.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

So far it's been CK2.  I've been considering going back old skool, though, maybe M2TW or King Arthur.

I, too, am getting an urge to go back to Skyrim yet again.  I might try the character I got with the Alternate Random Start mod.  Or maybe continue Morrowind

Plenty of choices.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

Working night shifts all weekend.

I just finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was dragged kicking and screaming into the ground forces aspect of War Thunder and now that I've gotten past the horrid first Soviet tank, I'm actually having a lot of fun playing.  I'd still rather be flying than driving, but the tank stuff is still good fun and the shell penetration cam is a nice feature. 

The Pride of Nations PBEM sessions with Tuna and Undercovergeek continues to unfold. 

I farted around with Enemy Front for a bit tonight.  The gameplay seems like a bog-standard shooter but the Cry-Engine graphics look great and the story seems interesting.  You play as a reporter fighting with the Polish resistance.

Anguille

Going to play (again):

- Omerta city of Gangsters: the Japanese Incentive...chapter 2
- Horizon
- Endless Space with a new game.
- Storm over the Pacific still with Japan in 1942

Martok

Now that the new update is out, plus I've purchased a bunch of the DLC for it, I've been playing the hell out of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes the last 24 hours -- and will continue to do so. 

For space 4x gaming, either will fire up Horizon or continue my Romulan campaign in Birth of the Federation (BOP mod).  Tension between us and the Klingons is starting to flare up, and they have the upper hand at the moment... 

Am also pining away for Rome II

Of course, I work the next three nights, PLUS I'll be gone Sunday.  ::)  Argh! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Shelldrake

I plan to start a new game of Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes with the latest DLC and now that Company of Heroes is on Steam I keep getting sucked into playing skirmishes using the latest Blitzkrieg mod.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Rayfer

Traveling to be with family for the holiday so no gaming until I'm back late on Saturday. I keep trying various space 4x games, i.e. Endless Space, Galactic Civ 2, etc. but keep going right back to Distant Worlds...the best of them all in my humble opinion.