Battleplan: American Civil War demo on steam

Started by gameleaper, November 24, 2014, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

I like the look of Battleplan: American Civil War , Im downloading demo now on steam. I like this sort of game, but Id rather time auto stops like CMx , instead you have to pause it like HTTR

gameleaper

well that was a waste of time, got the spash screen and some music, and justs stays on the spash. I would like this demo more if I could at least see the battlefield

Rayfer

I bought the game in an earlier sale. Works fine on my 6 year old Vista 64 rig.  Battles play out quickly, not a deep game but fun. My major gripe is that the battles are locked and you must complete one from both sides before it opens the next, and on and on. I had a friendly exchange about this needless feature in the Steam forums with the developer. He was quick to reply but held to belief that this is the way the game should be.  Haven't played in awhile so some of this might have changed.

gameleaper

The Main game download likely works, but I cant run the demo.

RyanE

Quote from: Rayfer on November 24, 2014, 07:26:01 PM
I bought the game in an earlier sale. Works fine on my 6 year old Vista 64 rig.  Battles play out quickly, not a deep game but fun. My major gripe is that the battles are locked and you must complete one from both sides before it opens the next, and on and on. I had a friendly exchange about this needless feature in the Steam forums with the developer. He was quick to reply but held to belief that this is the way the game should be.  Haven't played in awhile so some of this might have changed.

I play Ultimate General: Gettysburg on steam and they had the same "feature".  There was more than enough complaining about it that they quickly changed it.  Those developers were adamant as well.  I think its one of the most artificial and downright stupid things features.  It shows a complete lack of knowing your audience when moving from simple games into the wargaming realm.

btw, I find UGG very good.  Its a game I keep coming back to now that they have unlocked all the scenarios.

Rayfer

Quote from: RyanE on November 25, 2014, 06:40:44 AM
Quote from: Rayfer on November 24, 2014, 07:26:01 PM

I play Ultimate General: Gettysburg on steam and they had the same "feature".  There was more than enough complaining about it that they quickly changed it.  Those developers were adamant as well.  I think its one of the most artificial and downright stupid things features.  It shows a complete lack of knowing your audience when moving from simple games into the wargaming realm.

btw, I find UGG very good.  Its a game I keep coming back to now that they have unlocked all the scenarios.

I've been wanting to get Ultimate General for a while now, probably will do so in the upcoming holiday sales.