Steam Exploration Sale...

Started by steve58, November 24, 2014, 02:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

...rumored to be starting this Wednesday (Nov 26th) and not to be confused with the Steam Winter Sale starting next month sometime (I'm guessing somewhere around the 19th).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

I kind of doubt it.  Steam doesn't normally post week-long sales on the Monday before a big holiday sale, and they did today.

steve58

...maybe, but the Autumn Sale began on 11/27 last year...and the current Weekly Sale is pretty...weak  :D.  Not saying the Autumn "sale" will be good/great, will probably wait for the Winter Sale prices myself...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

You know, at some point I have to eventually hit game singularity - the point at which my game library exceeds the number of games on sale thus radically changing or even ending civilization as I know it.  :P
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Ubercat

Quote from: bbmike on November 24, 2014, 08:25:19 PM
You know, at some point I have to eventually hit game singularity - the point at which my game library exceeds the number of games on sale thus radically changing or even ending civilization as I know it.  :P

Speaking of singularities, what the heck is your avatar pic from? It looks like vintage 70's sci-fi of some sort.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

I remember that show (fondly)...seems like they, like Star Trek's transporters, always had a time tunnel glitch, at the most inopportune moment...

Steelgrave

Quote from: bbmike on November 24, 2014, 08:44:35 PM
The Time Tunnel  :)

I knew where it was from. Of course, I watched it first run as a kid. Yeah, I'm old.   8)

mirth

An Irwin Allen 'classic'. I loved watching them as a kid, but man were they mostly dumb.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

I hope you're right about the sale...I have two relatively inexpensive items that I'm waiting to come down just a little more in price and I don't want to wait another month because I'm a child. OK maybe three items.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

WallysWorld

Been trying out a demo of a racing game on Steam and I'm definitely waiting for the sale to start too.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

WallysWorld

Nascar '14. I know the reviews on it have been so-so, but I'm really enjoying racing at Charlotte which comes with the demo.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

steve58

The Autumn Exploration sale has started...