Frontline: The Longest Day

Started by steve58, November 19, 2014, 10:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Not a big Eastern front fan, so never played the first one, but this one seems to appeal to me.  Matrixgames has some new screenshots up.  Release date is Nov 28.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bbmike

I don't remember seeing that either. Looks very interesting!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

steve58

This one is out on Steam and on sale for $4 (normally $5).  Also out on Matrixgames for the same $$.

A response from Iain on the Steam forums about gameplay...
It is a turn based game but is not as complex as Panzer Corps so anyone can pick this up and play. The game mechanics are quite different and you don't have carryover forces, instead you are leveling up your experience on certain unit classes, so its a bit more gamey than Panzer Corps but still great fun.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/312400/discussions/0/624076851152934083/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

tgb

It looks good and the price is right.  I'm just sick and tired of WW II

Jarhead0331

Not a huge fan of ios ports to PC. Looks kind of like a snooze fest to me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Barthheart

I got the Road to Moscow version for my iPad. It's light but not bad for an intro level wargame.
I'll probably get this one also when it's out for the Pad.