GTA V on next gen consoles

Started by Yskonyn, November 18, 2014, 02:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

Some people might put this down as spending yet another 60 on a retouched game. Who am I to judge? But I am glad I did!

Played it on the X360 and finished the story. Never played much GTA Online due to the issues it had shortly after launch.

Now I have the game on the PS4 and the experience is much better!
Because of the better visuals the characters are much more alive. Facial expressions are showing very well, just like skin wrinkles and overall higher textures make the people less like animated props and more like people in a movie.

The higher draw distance and the higher activity of traffic, people and animals in and around the city is a great step back towards the awesomeness of causing mayhem in the earlier games; in de X360 version of GTA V the 'bubble' around the player was pretty small resulting, for example, in a reset of traffic when you were trying to block a
Junction to cause mayhem, but walked away from the junction a bit too far.
Hardware Limitations I am sure because the game demanded everything from the old console.
No more on the PS4! Back to proper mayhem and large stacks of car pileups!

Then we have first person perspective. While working very well for just cruising around (the Cars All have their own interiors with working dashboards!) it doesn't work very well in missions due to the constant mayhem in them.
But the immersion is second to none when you do use it! Cruising around in your car you can use the right stick to look around. Night is falling over the city, lights on everywhere. Superb stuff!

I think it might be a good moment to jump back into GTA Online as well now that it has matured (Heists are finally coming!)
More on that later.

If anything GTA V has become that much closer to be that great action movie experience in a video game on the console with this next gen upgrade.
Well deserved second look or if you didnt play it yet, its a definite go buy NOw!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Interesting. I was t going to get this since I have it on the 360. Might have to rethink that now.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18