Combat Mission Normandy - Operation Market Garden

Started by JudgeDredd, November 17, 2014, 04:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

So I'm doing the first mission in the allied campaign and I'm confuzzled.

The briefing says to Exit Fox Company...but I can't see anywhere on the map that is an exit point and there's no "tac" map in the briefing section.

Anyone done this mission and, if so, where do I exit Fox Company?

Thanks
Alba gu' brath

Bletchley_Geek

Through the far left corner of the map, as seen from the drop zone. Have you the display landmarks option enabled?

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 17, 2014, 04:31:29 PM
Through the far left corner of the map, as seen from the drop zone. Have you the display landmarks option enabled?
No - I didn't - thank you. I was tearing my hair out AND Fox Company is split over the map  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Bletchley_Geek

Cheers and don't despair,  the scenario isn't a cakewalk, but it is not necessary to absolutely crush the Germans in order to progress through the campaign.

JudgeDredd

Well - Fox is off map. Easy are assaulting the final village with a couple of bunkers...very little resistance but what is there is tough.  14 minutes left

I think I've come across the bug where I can't get troops into a building. The "waypoint" just won't go in the building. It goes all around, but not in. I've had it several times in this scenario and all of the other times I've managed to manipulate the map so I can get a clean click on the building...but seemingly not this time.
Alba gu' brath

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2014, 06:32:37 PM
I think I've come across the bug where I can't get troops into a building. The "waypoint" just won't go in the building. It goes all around, but not in. I've had it several times in this scenario and all of the other times I've managed to manipulate the map so I can get a clean click on the building...but seemingly not this time.

That does suck. I am very fortunate that my chipset isn't amongst those for which the compiler Battlefront is using generates bad code. On the brighter side, BFC just produced yet another patch covering for further instances of the bug (1.02). Let's see how long until they get rolling the patch for CMBN/FI 3.0.

jomni

Well - Fox is off map. Easy are assaulting the final village with a couple of bunkers...very little resistance but what is there is tough.  14 minutes left

Sorry, the inhabitants won't let you in.[emoji12]

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: jomni on November 17, 2014, 07:28:50 PM

LOL

Ubercat

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 17, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

LOL

Go home, yankee!!!

Oh, wait. This game takes place back when people were actually grateful to someone who liberates them from tyrants.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Yskonyn

Sorry to hear you might have that building entry bug.
If you want to play PBEM any time feel free to contact me. Perferably something without too big of a force.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Ubercat on November 17, 2014, 08:51:43 PM
Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 17, 2014, 07:52:38 PM

LOL

Go home, yankee!!!

Oh, wait. This game takes place back when people were actually grateful to someone who liberates them from tyrants.
Well someone's feeling unappreciated  :P
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 18, 2014, 02:08:07 AM
Sorry to hear you might have that building entry bug.
If you want to play PBEM any time feel free to contact me. Perferably something without too big of a force.
ok - I'll have a look at the scenarios. I presume you have all the versions and up to date?
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: Bletchley_Geek on November 17, 2014, 07:19:02 PM
On the brighter side, BFC just produced yet another patch covering for further instances of the bug (1.02). Let's see how long until they get rolling the patch for CMBN/FI 3.0.

THX for the head up  :)
...just downloaded and installed and at least this time no eLicence thingy had to be done.
(at my place, i had the 1.01 installed)

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

I'm taking a guess CMH is the new DLC. I don'tn have that - it won't be a problem I presume as any scenario I choose won't have them in it
Alba gu' brath