Far Cry 4 and Steam??

Started by JudgeDredd, November 17, 2014, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Ok - so I decided I was going to jump on this - and I can see announcements about day 1 patches and pre-loading on Steam - but I cannot see it in their store at all.

Any ideas? It's meant to be released tomorrow.
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2014, 12:25:39 PM
Ok - so I decided I was going to jump on this - and I can see announcements about day 1 patches and pre-loading on Steam - but I cannot see it in their store at all.

Any ideas? It's meant to be released tomorrow.

Does this not show up for you? If not, could it be a location issues?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/298110/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Nope - I get this

Funny thing is release is tomorrow AND pre-order seems to be available (at least from Ubi)  ???
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I would say it is definitely a regional issue then, perhaps in error on Steam's part? It would be interesting if some of our other international members could sound off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

I might just buy it from Ubi...I already use that Uplay bollox to load Far Cry 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Splinter Cell Blacklist
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

Unfortunately, you're going to need to run it through uplay, anyway, even if you get it on steam.  So you might as well.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Yeah - I just found that out when I ran Far Cry 3...loaded Steam  ::)

It's just as well memory and processors aren't blocks now! I remember having to move hardware drivers into high memory to get a game running! Now there's several layers of crap hooked into a game!
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

They mustn't want my money anymore. No sign of it on Steam at all  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

Well - as the Steam store is denying all knowledge of it (to UK at least) and I've now seen places (Amazon, GAME) saying the 19th, I've decided I'm going to save my money and play through Far Cry 3 again - which was an awesome game.

That'll teach 'em  ;D
Alba gu' brath

Bison

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Bison on November 18, 2014, 08:37:15 AM
Ubi isn't selling it or Assassins Creed Unity on Steam in Europe.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/11549/far-cry-4-the-crew-and-assassins-creed-unity-removed-from-steam/
lol - thanks for that Bison.

Screw Ubi. I'm fed up with their bollox. The games I've got from them will do me. If it comes out on Steam - I'll get it. I did say earlier about getting it from Uplay - but I can have attitude too  :)
Alba gu' brath

jomni

It's available here in Singapore.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: jomni on November 18, 2014, 08:53:24 AM
It's available here in Singapore.

QuoteQuote from: Bison on Today at 06:37:15 AM
Ubi isn't selling it or Assassins Creed Unity on Steam in Europe

Singapore isn't in Europe  ;)
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I'm not sure what made me think it would be a good idea to shoot a Rhino with a bow and arrow. To my not so great surprise it merely pissed it off at which point it charged at me angrily. I ran for my life and jumped off a cliff down to a lake where I landed literally in the jaws of an alligator. Really nice ambient life in this game so far.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

aaaargh  >:D

Damn you Ubisoft!  :uglystupid2:
Alba gu' brath