Main Menu

DCS Hacked?

Started by Nefaro, October 30, 2014, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

There have been a number of people getting DCS password reset requests sent to their e-mail addresses.

The DCS accounts that have your purchase history and add-on keys may have been compromised in some way.  They obviously got our e-mail addresses and started spamming some of them with password reset requests.  So it may just be an email leak. 

Which means watch out for phishing emails, especially regarding the subject of DCS.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=133015

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

I didn't realize, until reading one of the threads pertaining to this, that there was some kind of screwy hackery or DoS attempt a week ago over there? 

I hope they will inform us as soon as any of our personal info gets pulled from their site(s).  Not sure that will be the case.   ???

Just be wary of clicking on links in unrequested emails that seem to be from DCS.

jomni

Yup some guy tried to change my passwords as well.

Yskonyn

Got two emails too.

The ED support forum has a thread about it stating there is no need to change your password. The attack was blocked.

But just to be sure I am going to change it nonetheless.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 31, 2014, 05:25:58 AM
Got two emails too.

The ED support forum has a thread about it stating there is no need to change your password. The attack was blocked.

No don't! It's a trap.  You might be lead to a phishing link.  >:D >:D

Nefaro

Quote from: Yskonyn on October 31, 2014, 05:25:58 AM
Got two emails too.

I'm not gonna worry about it too much at this time.  If they had made off with more info, we wouldn't be getting all the spammed with p/w resets.

However, I wouldn't say they were completely "blocked" if all the user emails were pillaged from the DCS server (which is also your login name).   :idiot2:

Rekim

Quote from: Nefaro on October 31, 2014, 10:44:47 AM

I'm not gonna worry about it too much at this time.  If they had made off with more info, we wouldn't be getting all the spammed with p/w resets.

However, I wouldn't say they were completely "blocked" if all the user emails were pillaged from the DCS server (which is also your login name).   :idiot2:

It seems unlikely to me that hackers would have pinched passwords but not usernames...and email addresses in this case. Think I'll change my password just to be safe, using the ED website instead of the links from the email. I suspect the links are valid, but why take the chance when the alternative is so easy.

For the last few months my work has been testing employees by sending out fake phishing emails on a regular basis. Click on one of those links and your cut off from email services until after completing an anti-phishing course. Guess I'm proof the program is working.

Yskonyn

I haven't used the link in the email either. I just logged into my account on the DCS website and changed it there.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Pete Dero

Is it happening again ?  Just received this mail :

Digital Combat Simulator: Password change request 

noreply@eagle.ru   

To
me

Today at 3:04 PM 

Informational message from Digital Combat Simulator site
------------------------------------------------------

To change your password please follow this link:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/auth.php?change_password=yes&USER_CHECKWORD=2ff059c4e7f9e9c1dc1ca8aeeaa7b8b5

Yskonyn

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Nefaro

Just received this today from Eagle Dynamics:

Quote from: TFC/ED Email
Dear user!

If you received a letter with password change request, please ignore it. It was sent to you by a mistake.

The Eagle Dynamics Team.

LOL

Better late than never?  ???

JudgeDredd

And another here  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Tuna

hmm.. i didn't get anything last time.. and I didn't get anything this time! I should check and see what email I used on my account!