Main Menu

Fractured Space

Started by RooksBailey, October 22, 2014, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Yet another space game to add to the growing list of titles...which is always a good thing.   This actually reminds me of that indie project out of Italy from a few years back that was described as a spaceship-based Counter Strike type of game.  I forget the name but it got a lot of initial hype because of the impressive visuals and alpha gameplay.  Sadly, I have to assume it has become vaporware because I haven't heard squat since.  Regardless, this seems very similar which is a good thing.  :)

http://fracturedspace.com/

QuoteFractured Space is a team-based space combat game that puts you at the helm of a colossal capital ship. Each 5v5 match offers an intense cosmic skirmish, rife with deadly exchanges between craft, but underpinned by a grander strategy. Take advantage of your ship's unique abilities and weapons in order to exploit your enemy's weakness, take control of the map, and work together to execute eviscerate your opponent. Combining the best elements of competitive PvP action with the fiction and politics of popular science fiction, Fractured Space is at the forefront of a new frontier for the genre.

Space combat has reached a singularity.

JOIN A FLEET

With 5v5 matches, your skill in combat alone cannot secure victory. Sway the tide of battle with your decisions over the battle as a whole, and bring the enemy to their knees with your tactics as a team. Unity is strength.

BUILD YOUR ARMADA

Pick a manufacturer, choose a class and customise your weapon load-outs. Use Galactic Coin - the spoils of war - to purchase new ships and start populating your fleet. Customise your craft for a specific role in combat, and be the envy of your team when your interstellar juggernaut warps into battle.

REFINE YOUR STRATEGY

No team will go into battle with the same setup, giving you a unique set of choices and options in a given match. Know your ship, learn your environment and adapt your tactics accordingly.

JOIN OUR UNIVERSE

Become part of a huge alliance of captains. The discussion on strategy is endless; share your war stories, learn from others and become a part of the Fractured Space universe.

BTW: this is from the team that successfully kickstarted Strike Suit Zero, a game long on my wishlist (musty do something about that).
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

RooksBailey

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 22, 2014, 08:07:53 PM
MP only? No thanks.

While I don't have a problem with MP-only games, the 5v5 setup could be a problem.  With small teams the "leet" gamers often run wild and bully the newbs.   >:(  Hope that doesn't happen here.  And hopefully there will be some sort of AI skirmish mode.
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Another WoT/War Thunder/Star Conflict? 

RooksBailey

Quote from: Nefaro on October 22, 2014, 09:51:54 PM
Another WoT/War Thunder/Star Conflict?

Seems that way.  Which reminds me: I have to try Star Conflict again.  I was intrigued by what I saw last year but I didn't care for the objective-based MP games.  I heard they now added some more game modes.  Might be worth a look again.

Tpek

^You forgot Godus: Wingman Factory :P
It's also a Space Based WoT.

RooksBailey

Quote from: Tpek on October 23, 2014, 12:23:48 PM
^You forgot Godus: Wingman Factory :P
It's also a Space Based WoT.

I never even heard of that game.  Thanks for the tip!  I"ll check it out.

Tpek

Sorry I got the name pretty damn wrong.
It's
GoD Factory: Wingmen

Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/262750/

Nefaro

So.. Early Access starts in a few days.

While I'm not all that excited about yet another MMOA shooter, this one involves capital ships IN SPAAAACE.  Would be a nice change compared to all the little fighter & tank stuff.  So it'll definitely be worth a look at some point.  Plus being free-to-play makes that easy enough to do.

I suspect it may be awhile longer until it's up to speed, though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/

Tpek

Aaaaaaaaaand they just locked it for "My Region". :P

Nefaro

There's currently a small discount on early access packages.   I grabbed the basic one. 

Been wanting to check this out. 

Looks like they put in a big update a few days ago.

spelk

I've had this for ages, but every time I've tried to play it their servers have been down. So I've not actually seen anything it has to offer yet. And after a while, loading up their menu system, to see the servers are down, and then coming back out starts to wear out your enthusiasm for the game.

Nefaro

Hrmm.. didn't realize their servers are down regularly.  Do they take them down during the same period each day?  Or for long stretches equalling days?  Hopefully not the latter.

spelk

I think theres a brief couple of hours window when they're up, I've just never been able to time my gameplaying with their window. Was going to look up the info in their menu screens, but I've just realised I got so sick of not being able to play the game I uninstalled it!

Nefaro

Fractured Space is doing it's last progression wipe next month.

I'm guessing it will go into Open Beta not long afterward.

We are now able to confirm the final progress wipe for Fractured Space will take place on or shortly after the 21st January 2016. This is an essential part of the development of the game, as we introduce the new tech tree, including the new lineup of starter ships.