Sid Meyer's Beyond Earth...is no-one playing?

Started by JudgeDredd, October 21, 2014, 01:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: JudgeDredd link=topic=11503.msg297151#msg297151 date=14140y 41677
Actually Shia LaBeof's character in Fury was pretty good.

I need to check your thread on IRL forums

BanzaiCat

Shia's in Fury? Didn't know that. Damn, and I kind of wanted to see it, too.

bbmike

[rant]
So I just noticed that this doesn't release today, at least for North America, East Coast. It actually releases on 10/24/14 at 12:00am.  :knuppel2:

If you are going to release a game don't tell me it will be released on day x and then actually release it on day y. Especially a game like Civilization! Yeah, I know technically it will be available for an hour or three in some time zones today. But for me it technically and actually releases on the 24th! The least they could have done was say "we are going to release Beyond Earth on the 23rd, BUT, so late that there's no way bbmike will be able to play it until the next day because he is old and has to work."
Now I have to wait ANOTHER day!  :tickedoff:
[/rant]

Now if you'll excuse me I have a leave slip for the 23rd I must tear up and one for the 24th I must fill out.  :P

{bonus rant} There's no "nuke" unit in this game? You can't spell Civilization without n-u-k-e!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: bbmike on October 23, 2014, 06:14:58 AM

{bonus rant} There's no "nuke" unit in this game? You can't spell Civilization without n-u-k-e!

It's probably spelled D-L-C.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

im not sure what the back story is, the trailer implies earth is ravaged whether by 'just humans' or war

im assuming if we went to another planet because we royally fkd up this one with a nuclear war, someone in charge may have said - 'maybe lets not take the nuke stuff this time'

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 23, 2014, 06:33:33 AM
im not sure what the back story is, the trailer implies earth is ravaged whether by 'just humans' or war

im assuming if we went to another planet because we royally fkd up this one with a nuclear war, someone in charge may have said - 'maybe lets not take the nuke stuff this time'

Right, because humanity so clearly learns from it's mistakes?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

In a fictionalized account of human life and civilization-running that assumes we can make a trip to the nearest habitable world en masse...yes, one can assume a stretch such as humanity learning from mistakes.  ;D

Though I doubt that very much as I'm sure each space-Civ can war with each other. A Civ game without war is an even less believable prospect, actually.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2014, 06:34:55 AM

lol you have a point, but, you know............. games!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 23, 2014, 06:34:55 AM

I did.

I met the girl of my dreams and got married years ago, then left the evil cow and then met the girl of my dreams and - oh, yeah. Sorry. Continue
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

JD come on now - this is the second time this week - no puffters!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

tgb

Quote from: bbmike on October 23, 2014, 06:14:58 AM
[rant]
So I just noticed that this doesn't release today, at least for North America, East Coast. It actually releases on 10/24/14 at 12:00am.  :knuppel2:

If you are going to release a game don't tell me it will be released on day x and then actually release it on day y. Especially a game like Civilization! Yeah, I know technically it will be available for an hour or three in some time zones today. But for me it technically and actually releases on the 24th! The least they could have done was say "we are going to release Beyond Earth on the 23rd, BUT, so late that there's no way bbmike will be able to play it until the next day because he is old and has to work."
Now I have to wait ANOTHER day!  :tickedoff:
[/rant]

Now if you'll excuse me I have a leave slip for the 23rd I must tear up and one for the 24th I must fill out.  :P

What???? The 24th was ALWAYS the date, once they announced one.  That it's unlocking at Midnight EST instead of the usual 1PM is a bonus.

PanzersEast