Paging fans of Star Frontiers

Started by bayonetbrant, October 20, 2014, 08:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

There's a website out there trying to revive the game and crank out new content

http://starfrontiers.us/

they're 25 issues into a new magazine for the game
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Star Frontiers, there's a blast from the past.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

Quote from: MetalDog on October 21, 2014, 11:25:11 PM
Yazirians FTW!!

I was gonna make a Yazarian reference too, but realized I had a habit of mis-pronouncing it all that time ago.

bayonetbrant

I think I'm the only person I've ever known who has played multiple iterations of the old Knight Hawks boardgame
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Wow, cool. Never played SF but knew of it from friends that did, though it was more Traveler-related. Had a friend that carted the books around high school and strangely nobody messed with him (in the 80s that would have been a heinous uber-nerd crime against normality).

Dammit Carl!

Heh.  Link doesn't work for me, but if its the "Star Frontiersman," fanzine then I admit to doing a handful of articles about Yazarians in the first few issues (my handle "Danger," may or may not have been credited; its been a while).

Good stuff there, and they are doing a great job of keeping that old game a-goin'.

Double Deuce

Don't think anyone I know/knew played Star Frontiers. Only Sci-Fi RPG we played was the original Traveller, the one where you had a good chance of dieing during character creation.

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Nice.

Rules are available from this page. The top/leftmost book icon is the Basic Rules.

I never played this back in the day; dunno why, I guess it didn't appeal to me.