Main Menu

New Steam Homepage

Started by RooksBailey, September 22, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

Looks like Steam had unveiled a new homepage with some nice, new functionality:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/newstore

QuoteYour Home Page The Steam Discovery Update starts with the new, smarter Home page, which introduces a variety of ways for you to explore the over 3,700 titles now available on Steam.

Specifically, the new features at your disposal from the Home page include personalized recommendations based on your gameplay, reviews from your favorite community Curators, and powerful new search and discovery tools.

To further personalize your Steam shopping experience, many areas are customizable and automatically filter out the products that you have already bought and the titles you have indicated you aren't interested in.

I particularly like this idea:

QuoteSteam Curators Steam Curators are individuals, organizations, and groups that publish reviews and recommendations in a public forum on Steam.

Following a few Steam Curators is another way to discover and learn about new products. Their picks show up on your home page as well as in your community activity feed, where you can comment and rate those recommendations.

Become a taste maker yourself. Are you an expert in what makes a really good 2D Platformer? Or, maybe you're really in to Survival Horror games and want to help others find the best. It's easy with Steam Curators. Anyone can be a Steam Curator by simply making some recommendations via a Steam Community Group.

Time for a Groghead Curator, perhaps?  ;)
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

steve58

Did they add anything so you can change the UI...like increase the font size??
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Silent Disapproval Robot

I wish they would allow better customization.  I really don't like the whole "recommended for you" bit cluttering up my page.  I bought Poker Night 2 from GG because it was only $1 and now Steam thinks I just luurrvve card games and wacky comedy so everything they shove at me on the recommended page is stuff that annoys the shit out of me like Magic the Gathering and stupid retro 8-bit comedy themed platformers or RPGs