Tapatalk - to enable or not...?

Started by bayonetbrant, September 22, 2014, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

We're considering making the forums Tapatalk enabled
Thoughts?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Can it be optional? And am I going to be prompted for it every time I visit on my phone? I'm not a fan and the constant prompts I've run into on other sites are annoying.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I've made it this long without knowing.  The link will only spoil it.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

OK guys - I think we've got Tapatalk installed.  Someone go give it a try :)

Gusington

Since this voodoo appeared the site takes forever to load on my phone without the app installed.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

weird - I hadn't noticed any change.  Let's ask the group!

Capn Darwin

Quote from: mirth on September 22, 2014, 06:08:56 PM
Can it be optional? And am I going to be prompted for it every time I visit on my phone? I'm not a fan and the constant prompts I've run into on other sites are annoying.
What Mirth said. The duel pop-up is annoying as hell. :tickedoff:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

bayonetbrant

I never realized there was a dual pop up. I will see if there is some way to disable it

Grim.Reaper

I have also seen the popup now when visiting the site from a mobile device and for some reason when I try to close it, won't go away without a fight.  Eventually will close, but takes a very long time.

Staggerwing

How does Tapatalk work? Do you have to add forums to a list or does it automatically recognize forums that have the tapatalk thingie already enabled? Is there a way to make a favorites list in the app and if so how do I add or remove them? Once on the groheads site how do I get the unread topics list up so I don't have to check each forum for new topics or replies I want to read first? There don't seem to be a lot of intuitive options available when running the tapatalk app.  ???

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Not sure what happened but the site is now lightning fast on he same phone...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd