Divinity:Original Sin vs. Wasteland 2

Started by Rayfer, September 22, 2014, 09:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Hypothetical question for those who have played both games (I have not played either but am contemplating a purchase of one, I can't afford both)....if you could only keep and play one and had to give up the other, which would you keep?

Nefaro

I've not played them enough to be sure.

Divinity's combat seems more interesting since there are more abilities and terrain interaction to be had.  It's world is also more open although I'm not sure how the size of the playable areas stack up (W2 may have more).  But Wasteland 2's storyline ,and possibly length of gameplay, are more extensive.  It could easily come down to what setting I wanted at the time.

Bletchley_Geek

Quote from: Nefaro on September 22, 2014, 10:28:31 AM
It could easily come down to what setting I wanted at the time.

I do agree with that.

panzerde

I realize this doesn't help you make the decision, but I'm with Nef and BG on this. If you're in the mood for high fantasy go Divinity, if you want more SF/Post-Apocalypse, go Wasteland 2. Right now I'm kind of burned out on swords and elves so it's mutant plants and raiders for me, but ask me again in a few weeks and the answer may well go the other way.

Both are really good party-based RPGs. I don't think you can go wrong either way
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres