Blitz3D now Free at Blitzbasic.com if you ever wanted to program a wargame?

Started by gameleaper, September 15, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameleaper

I don't know if you want to program a 3D wargame, but now is your chance! I thought Id just let you guys know that Blitz3D is now free at blitzbasic.com

I know I may be posting in the wrong forum, but free is free and you guys may like that.

I use BlitzMax for many wargames, maybe the 3D version could be worth the price

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

Ok, I'm going to have to give this a try.

I actually do have an idea for a 3D wargame.  I'm never going to finish it (or likely start it) but maybe this will be just the incentive I need?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

ArizonaTank

While this is good news, for 3D, unity is very hard to beat...and it is also free.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

gameleaper

My Wargames fit into 3 to 4 MB with 10 to 30 secenarios , the final size of a program for an ordinary guy is important as you need to distribute your work online, A program from unity would have the unity engine etc included with the final program and would bloat it to a size bigger than is suitable for internet distribution, unless your rich enough to have a dedicated server etc.. also unity uses 3D models and the like also big in there own right.

I think Unity is part free(not sure) but add-ons like MMOG are part of the development. I like Unity and may try it out some time, but for a guy who wants a board and chits or something small I don't think it would be worth it

Blitz is really small in size, the final version is small, its full no addons, its truly free! I like it