Scourge of War: Lynchburg - A Free Mod Released

Started by HistoricalGamer, September 09, 2014, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HistoricalGamer

Guys, the team over at norbsoft has just released a modification put together by some of the norbsoft team and released it for free on their forums. The modification looks at the Battle of Lynchburg which took place in June of 1864 when General Lee detached General Early to defend Lynchburg VA which was a key confederate supply depot from a Union raid launched by Union General David Hunter.

Scourge of War - Lynchburg

Download Link

To install, just unzip the Lynchburg folder to your Mods folder and enable in game.  Included in the zip is a Lynchburg Readme.pdf with more info on the features and historic battle. 

Version 1.0
Author: Little Powell, RebBugler, LouiRaider, 2nd Texas

This a standalone mod for Scourge Of War - Gettysburg.  It is a special project we did for Liberty College in Lynchburg, VA for the 150th commemoration of the battle.

Important: You must have patch 1.5 or later to use this add-on.

Features:

- 5x5 mile map covering the Lynchburg battle area, including General Hunter's headquarters "Sandusky", The Quaker Meeting house, and other historic structures.
- Five Union and Confederate historic and "what if" scenarios covering the action.
- Historic Order of Battle
- Historic unit flags used during the battle
- One multiplayer scenario covering the action of July 18th, 1864
- In-game Lynchburg splash screens

Notes on the map:

The map includes several tactical features that make for enjoyable Sandbox/Multiplayer games.  There is a river that separates the northeastern part of the map which includes the famous covered 9th street bridge.  There are two earthen forts (Ft. Early and Ft. McCausland) and plenty of open areas surrounded by woods and LOTS of hills.  Also the distinctive high mountain peaks to the southeast. 

More info on The Battle of Lynchburg: Hunter's Raid

Toonces

Awesome!

Scourge of War is a fantastic game.  I can't wait to try this out!   :)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Rayfer

Looks great but is it compatible with the Matrix version?

Nefaro

Quote from: Rayfer on September 10, 2014, 07:04:42 AM

They have only been publishing through Matrix lately AFAIK.

HistoricalGamer

Quote from: Rayfer on September 10, 2014, 07:04:42 AM

Yes, it runs on every single version of the game as long as you have patched up to 1.5.

Cyrano

A:  This is terrific news...

B:  On the issue of versioning, is not the Matrix version really "the" version now?  I had all the games and expansions published by Norb and after he switched to Matrix was given a free download of the Matrix version so I could register my S# and all that over there...that and get rid of the Norbsoft DRM...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Nefaro

Quote from: Cyrano on September 14, 2014, 09:41:15 AM

B:  On the issue of versioning, is not the Matrix version really "the" version now?  I had all the games and expansions published by Norb and after he switched to Matrix was given a free download of the Matrix version so I could register my S# and all that over there...that and get rid of the Norbsoft DRM...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)

Yes, it's the latest version.  The activation keys from the old Norbsoft versions still work with the latest Matrix updates.  It's all one and the same, as it should be.  O0

I'm looking forward to the Napoleonic release(s) too.