Destiny! Who's waiting for theirs?!

Started by MetalDog, September 04, 2014, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: Tpek on September 18, 2014, 01:34:48 PM
...Is there a way to connect a keyboard&mouse to the PS4 and play using them?  :buck2:

Yes indeed there is and that is the beauty of the PS4.  Simply plug in your USB Keyboard and the system will recognize it.  I have not tried to use a USB mouse before but I suspect it should work. 

Quote from: Jarhead0331In Destiny you have hand cannons, fusion rifles, plasma rifles, assault rifles, scout rifles, heavy machine guns, rocket launchers, sniper rifles, etc. and within those classes, dozens of different models, some of which cause basic kinetic damage, fire damage, psi damage, etc. and all of which can be leveled up and modified themselves.

Destiny certainly has a very wide variety of weapons and armor as well as materials to collect for upgrading your stuff.  You see more and more options open up as your character levels up.  Keep playing it Grimnirsson and you will see.  Yes maybe the story and the humor is not there like in some other games but as far as a sandbox shooter with a leveling up meta game inside you can't get any better than Destiny IMHO.  I like how you just do your own thing and explore. 

The other nuance of this game that appeals to me is how random online players may cross paths with you during your exploits.  If they happen to be at the right place and the right time you suddenly find yourself with temporary allies who help kill some boss monster or help fend off the waves of enemy attacks that can be overwhelming for a single person to endure.  Moments later after the battle is over people go their separate ways and your story continues on alone.  Only to be challenged once again on another mission and with the help of strangers once again.  The community seems to be very friendly and I have yet to encounter any 'douchebags' who are annoying.  In fact the way Destiny is setup is that when an enemy dies and drops some loot everyone can pillage it because there is an instance of that loot in my world as well as all of the other players who are present at the time.   O0

Destiny is the type of game that you can play, put down for a few months, then come back to and pickup right where you left off without difficulty.  You don't have to be bored doing the story all over again unless you create another character. 

Multiplayer is even more fun.  The matches are fast and violent and mixes elements of the Halo combat system with a Call of Duty like ferocity.  I love it.  Here I have a fighting chance to do well because the maps are laid out with plenty of spots to hide or simply run and gun from cover to cover. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tpek