Main Menu

Steam Sale.

Started by bob48, September 01, 2014, 01:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Steam have a week-long sale on - damn them.

Very tempted by Operation Star.

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

spelk

Lots of interesting titles in it

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Weeklong_Deals

Victoria II
Pride of Nations
Dominions 3 and Dominions 4
Conquest of Elysium 3
Bionic Dues
Panzer Tactics HD
Real Warfare 1242
XIII Century
Space Hulk

Gusington

Just bought three DLCs for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes but none were on sale :(

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

It's pretty much the same games they have on sale every week.
They seem to have a very limited selection of games to use on those mid-week sales of theirs that they simply keep rotating.

undercovergeek

One day I'm going to become an expert at pride of nations

One day

Silent Disapproval Robot

Heh.  Me too.  One day....

Maybe we should get a PBEM game going?

panzerde

Operation Star is a bit fiddly, but once you get used to the UI it's not bad, Bob. The operational layer on top of the tactical layer makes for a nice contrast with other tactical games. It's good if you don't care for micro-management, I find.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

I did download the demo for it a while ago, but admit to giving up due to my inability to get my head around the UI. The visual aspect of the game is excellent, though.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

DennisS

I picked up Elysium 3..not bad for three dollars. Pretty good game, call it Dominions "Lite."

RooksBailey

Quote from: Gusington on September 01, 2014, 03:19:07 PM
Just bought three DLCs for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes but none were on sale :(

I go through the same thing.  Outside of the big Steam mega-sales where everything is on sale, inevitably the games I always want to buy are never on sale when I want them.   >:(   I am dying to pick up The Secret World and the three expansions for EUIV!  But no sales anywhere in sight.  ::)  The best I can do is a 23% off voucher from Greenman Gaming.   
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Nefaro

Quote from: spelk on September 01, 2014, 02:48:02 PM
Lots of interesting titles in it

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Weeklong_Deals

Victoria II
Pride of Nations
Dominions 3 and Dominions 4
Conquest of Elysium 3
Bionic Dues
Panzer Tactics HD
Real Warfare 1242
XIII Century
Space Hulk

Bionic Dues just got some updates last month that tweaked a few things.   O0

PanzersEast

Quote from: DennisS on September 01, 2014, 06:34:06 PM
I picked up Elysium 3..not bad for three dollars. Pretty good game, call it Dominions "Lite."

I liked Elysium 3 better than Dominions personally, Dom can get a little repetitive after a while and Elysium seemed to be shorter and mix it up better.

PE

Gusington

Hey Rooks - 23% off is 23% off...I say go for it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RooksBailey

Quote from: Gusington on September 01, 2014, 09:02:49 PM
Hey Rooks - 23% off is 23% off...I say go for it.

Good point!   :)

However, now I am tempted by the 30% off for Dominions 4.   ;D
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

Gusington

You sir are a complex individual.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd