So as to not hijack my own thread re: the joy of CM.

Started by Cyrano, August 31, 2014, 05:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano

This just happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQcDVZWjC08&feature=youtu.be

That's why a physics engine matters, I suppose.

That, and I love the sound of the engine expiring.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

sandman2575

Ha!   Were you on the receiving end, or did you score the double-kill?

Rayfer

Which combat mission is that? I've been really enjoying red thunder.

Cyrano

It's the stock mission "Huzzar!" from CM:BN.

Those, I will confess, are my light-skins which, it only occurs to me now as I write this, only reinforces my destructive power over these poor creatures.  We were patrolling near a road intersection when we bumped unceremoniously into a much better-gunned AFV.  We were desperately trying to disengage when this particular AMI decided on this inventive way of conservice ammo...

All kidding aside, there really is nothing like CMx2 at this scale.  Even moments like this just make me laugh like a little kid...

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

panzerde

Huzzar! is a great scenario. It's rare that you get a recon fight at the beginning of a mission like you do in that one. I know just the intersection where this happened; I've killed more than a few lights there myself but never with such style.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.