Main Menu

Dreadnaught

Started by RooksBailey, August 29, 2014, 11:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RooksBailey

This looks like a refreshing take on the battling spaceships theme:

Dreadnought hands-on: a multiplayer slugfest with really big spaceships

I am glad to hear there will also be a SP campaign.  I am tired of games with good ideas going strictly MP, and then failing to develop a following which effectively dooms the game (Hawken comes to mind, albeit I hope 'doomed' is not appropriate just yet). 

Gonna keep an eye on this one.

"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

not liking the terrestrial battlespace.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

RooksBailey

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 29, 2014, 11:53:04 PM
not liking the terrestrial battlespace.

I thought that was peculiar, too.  I am hoping it is only one map of many. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

GDS_Starfury

I keep looking but, I still haven't found that HW blend.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

Tpek

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 30, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
just to crosslink the multiplayer Combat Mission thread...  the KISS principle works.  Dont over complicate things.  more often then not less is indeed more.

thats why a Ferrari with no AC, carpets, adjustable seats or glove box costs half a million dollars.

They still sell cars without AC and adjustable seats?!
Why kind of a moron would buy a brand new car without AC  :buck2:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on August 30, 2014, 04:29:24 AM

I have a friend who did that. He had no idea and did not think to ask when he bought it. I gave him a hard time about that.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

undercovergeek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2014, 06:36:56 AM

I have a friend who did that. He had no idea and did not think to ask when he bought it. I gave him a hard time about that.

'friend' you say?  ;)

Tpek

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 30, 2014, 06:36:56 AM

Was at least back during the 70s, 60s or something like that?
I can barely go a single day of Summer here without AC or at least a fan.

Gusington

I'm sure the Israeli summer is not conducive to movement without a/c. But Jews are desert dwellers...man up! It's a dry heat :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

DennisS

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:01:42 AM
I'm sure the Israeli summer is not conducive to movement without a/c. But Jews are desert dwellers...man up! It's a dry heat :)

I dry heat? So's an oven.

I lived in Inyokern, California for a summer, pretty close to Death Valley. I clearly recall several days in a row in the 120's. NOTHING prepares you for when you walk outside, in the sun, and it is 125 degrees. It hits you like a blast furnace.

mikeck

Yeah. When I was a Border Patrol agent out near Tucson, I remember walking around in 105 degree heat. I liked the lack of humidity but it basically felt like opening an oven and putting your head in
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2014, 09:01:42 AM

Maybe in the deserts, that are in the south.
Where I live it's one of the most humid places on Earth.
Making the heat completely intolerable.
Sauna rooms are colder and less moist than some of the days here :(

Gusington

Humid and hot? Forget it then. I can deal with one or the other but not both.

Dreadnaught looks worth keeping an eye on, btw.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd