Overlord Complete Pack

Started by Boggit, August 28, 2014, 12:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

The Overlord Complete Pack is on sale at Gamersgate at 85% discount. Is it any good, a clickfest, is it pausable? How do you rate it, is it worth the HDD space?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

It was a disappointment. That is really all I can remember.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

BanzaiCat

I'm mixed on it. When I first bought it I played it for several hours and thought it was quite enjoyable. Apparently not enough fun though to draw me back to it, as I haven't played it in a while.

The minions are hilarious for the most part. They sound like worshipful little Gollums but they die oh, so easily. Which I suppose is part of the point, but it sucks when you get your minions armed to the teeth and then have them get wiped out at the next encounter.

Destroying stuff is fun and pillaging/looting is fun.

The game is somewhat untruthful about how you're an evil git - you can actually make good-guy decisions. I'm disappointed in that, because sometimes you HAVE to make good-guy decisions in order to progress the game a certain way. I suppose being a bastard is just another means to an end, though. I tend to play heroically, though it's odd doing so in this game.

If it's cheap enough to make it worth it to you, give it a whirl.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 28, 2014, 12:26:45 PM
It was a disappointment. That is really all I can remember.

This.

I got the second one on a dirt cheap sale a few years ago.

On rails.  Unengaging console-style braindead action game.

Boggit

Nefaro

Quote from: Boggit on August 28, 2014, 05:40:10 PM
Sounds like one to avoid. :o

Concept = Good.

Execution =  I would describe it exactly as this guys does: