To End All Wars released today

Started by Boggit, August 26, 2014, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

Ageod Press Announcement

For Immediate Release

They Shall Not Pass

Ageod's game commemorating WW1 is now available!

Grenoble, France, August 26, 2014.

"This war, like the next war, is a war to end war." (David Lloyd George – UK Prime Minister)

One hundred years ago today, Russian and German forces were standing facing each other in East Prussia. This early confrontation on the Eastern Front – known as the Battle of Tannenberg - resulted in the almost complete destruction of the Russian Second Army and the suicide of their main commander, Samsonov. On the German side the battle made Paul von Hindenburg famous for the rest of the war, and proved that moving troops quickly by train could bring a decisive advantage. Technology was an asset that could make all the difference in the years to come...

In To End All Wars - their new Grand Strategy game dedicated to WW1 - Ageod (http://www.ageod.com/) aim to reproduce in detail this conflict that involved all of the main powers of this period. The AGE engine has been especially enhanced in order to cover the specifics of this war. New technologies, trenches, war plans, aerial and armored units, and an original diplomatic system have been implemented to simulate the Great War with a high level of realism.

Today we are proud to announce that the game is finally released! Players can now embrace a new military career by leading the destiny of one the major WW1 alliances that fearlessly fought, not only for Europe, but also for Africa and Asia. The game allows a high degree of freedom in terms of decisions, so battles, diplomatic relations, political events and war production will depend on player's choices.

In order to celebrate the release we are offering a $5 discount to the early adopters during the week of the launch! Note that To End All Wars will be released on Steam as well on August 29th and that this version will also benefit from the launch discount. We are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who has a copy the game, wherever they bought it from, once the game is available on this digital platform!

Get more information on To End All Wars from its product page http://www.ageod.com/products/533/details/Ageod%27sToEndAllWars and its official Introduction Video. http://youtu.be/B8R9GURTs0Y

Ageod is part of the Slitherine Group

About the Slitherine Group

The Slitherine Group is the world's leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone's and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world's largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group's mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Nefaro

I buckled. 

It's AGEOD so I'm not concerned about adopting it early.   O0

Looks Booty-ful.

EDIT:  I'm just wondering why the BlueSnap store was running so slowly.  Took a few minutes for it to process my payment and obviously much longer to actually send me the d/l and key via email, which hasn't arrived.  ???

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 08:32:24 PM
I buckled. 

Looks Booty-ful.

EDIT:  I'm just wondering why the BlueSnap store was running so slowly.  Took a few minutes for it to process my payment and obviously much longer to actually send me the d/l and key via email.  ???

I did too, but now I'm waiting on an email so I can download...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 08:37:33 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 08:32:24 PM
I buckled. 

Looks Booty-ful.

EDIT:  I'm just wondering why the BlueSnap store was running so slowly.  Took a few minutes for it to process my payment and obviously much longer to actually send me the d/l and key via email.  ???

I did too, but now I'm waiting on an email so I can download...

I just edited.  ;D

They weren't kidding when they said you may have to wait an hour (or more?) to get it.   With the amazing speed of the modern digital world, you gotta wonder what the holdup is.

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 08:39:00 PM
I just edited.  ;D

They weren't kidding when they said you may have to wait an hour (or more?) to get it.   With the amazing speed of the modern digital world, you gotta wonder what the holdup is.

I've never been really thrilled with the Matrix/Slitherine/AGEOD payment processor and order fulfillment providers. They really do seem to be using decade-old technology.

Granted, first-world problem and all that, but it's cruel to c*cktease me with all those beautiful screenshots and that video, and then make me wait to download!

mikeck

I bought it from Matrix. Processed in about a minute and took about 5 minutes to download. Installation took about 5 minutes. Not bad. I've never had luck with AGEOD the site, but rarely have problems with Matrix or Steam.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

I was just surprised that I had to leave the page "processing" for a few minutes.  I've rarely had it take so long.  It finally went through, but there's obviously some slowdown on the side of the 3rd party store they're using.  At least it didn't pop up with some time-out error as I feared it would for taking so long.

Perhaps that "BlueSnap" store had a huge run on To End All Wars tonight.  Or Battlefield Twelve just released and they're the only ones selling it.  ;D  Something is slowing them down.  It's been 45 minutes and no email.  You guys must be running them ragged.

panzerde

Quote from: mikeck on August 26, 2014, 08:53:49 PM
I bought it from Matrix. Processed in about a minute and took about 5 minutes to download. Installation took about 5 minutes. Not bad. I've never had luck with AGEOD the site, but rarely have problems with Matrix or Steam.

Bought from Matrix as well. Looks like you snuck in under the wire!

I just speculated over at Matrix that BlueSnap is actually an elderly British woman manually processing payment information and sending email. It's late in the UK, Nef and I must have ordered after her bedtime! :)

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Nefaro on August 26, 2014, 09:02:55 PM
I was just surprised that I had to leave the page "processing" for a few minutes.  I've rarely had it take so long.  It finally went through, but there's obviously some slowdown on the side of the 3rd party store they're using.  At least it didn't pop up with some time-out error as I feared it would for taking so long.

Perhaps that "BlueSnap" store had a huge run on To End All Wars tonight.  Or Battlefield Twelve just released and they're the only ones selling it.  ;D  Something is slowing them down.  It's been 45 minutes and no email.  You guys must be running them ragged.

Having the same issue here.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

tgb

I buckled earlier in the day and got it almost immediately.  I think this Bluesnap is a new processing service for them - all the games I gotten from Matrix this is the first time I've seen the name.  Could be they weren't prepared for the volume.

Nefaro

I also plan to pick up Hannibal: Terror Of Rome sometime soon.  I'll just have to remember to do it in the middle of the day when the gerbil isn't falling off it's wheel from exhaustion.  :))

panzerde

Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on August 26, 2014, 09:43:56 PM
Download email just showed up. Took about two hours, total.

Must've batch processed them.  So did mine.

GibbyG

Quote from: tgb on August 26, 2014, 09:22:41 PM
I buckled earlier in the day and got it almost immediately.  I think this Bluesnap is a new processing service for them - all the games I gotten from Matrix this is the first time I've seen the name.  Could be they weren't prepared for the volume.

Plumes changed their name to BlueSnap

Nefaro

Quote from: challerain on August 26, 2014, 10:23:57 PM
Quote from: tgb on August 26, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

Plumes changed their name to BlueSnap

So it's still Plimus?  I wonder why they changed their name?  ^-^