Europa Barbarorum II mod for MIITW Kingdoms released

Started by Oche, August 25, 2014, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oche

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

About time, Its only been 7 years. I'm really surprised its seeing the light of day, most mod teams don't last that long.

Now if only I knew where my MTW2 discs are. Anyone know if the Steam version of MTW2 is capable of running mods?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Boggit

AWESOME! Just one question before downloading - any problems still running vanilla (not that I use it - my basic vanilla mod is the retrofit mod to run the Grand Campaign in Kingdoms), or conflicts with other mods?  :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

smittyohio

I didn't see anything in the installation instructions regarding what version is needed...  I'm assuming this just needs the base game, but can't tell.   Anyone know?

undercovergeek

i know there is much love for the first one, i know there is much love for MTWII but what am i going to get/see here that i wont in Rome II?

Shelldrake

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 26, 2014, 06:14:20 AM
i know there is much love for the first one, i know there is much love for MTWII but what am i going to get/see here that i wont in Rome II?

EB was noted for its historical accuracy. I assume same for EB2.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

undercovergeek

^

the strategy map, or the tactical battles?

im very interested, the graphics seem to hold up still, but i get barbarians and a whole lot of different factions with Rome II mods, AND it looks very sexy

Shelldrake

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 26, 2014, 06:43:25 AM
^

the strategy map, or the tactical battles?

im very interested, the graphics seem to hold up still, but i get barbarians and a whole lot of different factions with Rome II mods, AND it looks very sexy

Different factions with unique governments, new unit types, better tactical and strategic AI, and new strategy map. I am looking forward to trying EBII but YMMV.
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

undercovergeek

dont get me wrong, im not nay-saying it at all, lots of work put in and looks like a total rework of the game - as someone who didnt bother with '1' i just wondered what it will bring to the series in a post rome II world thats all