Ancient Battle - Hannibal released

Started by bayonetbrant, August 21, 2014, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Check it out y'all - iOS/Mac wargaming! :)

QuoteElgin, Scotland 21st August, 2014

Ancient Battle: Hannibal, the latest strategy wargame from Hunted Cow Studios and HexWar, is available now on the iOS App Store, priced at $0.99/£0.69/€0.89 and the Mac App Store, priced at $6.99/£4.99/€5.99. The Mac version contains two extra campaigns which are only available as in-app purchases for the iOS version. The game is a major upgrade to the system developed for Ancient Battle: Rome, a game that was the No.1 strategy game on the App Store in 8 countries.

Grognard.com describes Ancient Battle: Hannibal as "One of the most stunning simulations I have ever laid eyes on." The game introduces many new game features, including multi-level hills to elevate your strategic opportunities when commanding vast armies.

Hannibal Barca was arguably the greatest general of the ancient world. Feared and respected across the ancient world, at the height of his power he commanded an army that brought Rome to its knees. Ancient Battle: Hannibal allows you to follow in his footsteps and re-fight many of the pivotal battles of the Punic Wars between Carthage and Rome.

The game features a tutorial campaign and four full campaigns, each of which highlights pivotal battles from Hannibal's career, including the decisive battles of Cannae and Lake Trasimene, the battle of Ilipa and his ultimate defeat at Zama. Players can also relive battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.

Ultimately, Hannibal was defeated, but with Ancient Battle: Hannibal, players have the opportunity to rewrite the history books and out-do one of the greatest generals in history.

Key Game Features:

•    High Definition Ancient Era Graphics.
•    7 Mission 'Tutorial' campaign ending with a unique skirmish battle.
•    4 Mission 'Sicily' campaign, featuring battles from the First Punic War, including the battle of Bagradas.
•    8 Mission 'Italy' campaign featuring the decisive battles of Lake Trasimene and Cannae.
•    4 Mission 'Africa' campaign, featuring Hannibal's major defeat at the great battle of 'Zama'. (Included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
•    6 Mission 'Spain' campaign, ending the with the battle of Ilipa. (Included in the Mac version, available via in-app purchase on iOS)
•    All missions, except the tutorial, can be played as both sides.
•    38 Unique Ancient units including Roman Hastati, Spanish Scutarii, Bolt Throwers and Elephants.
•    Four classes of infantry: Raw, Average, Veteran and Elite.
•    Detailed Combat Analysis.
•    Flank Attacks
•    Strategic Movement.
•    Hours of Gameplay.
•    Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
•    iCloud Saves ( compatible with both versions of the game).
•    Map Zoom.

Mac App Store: Link
iOS App Store: Link
Web: www.huntedcow.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/huntedcow
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Compose the thread title on your phone, did ya?

I'll have to check this game out later.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

I am having a heavily typo-challenged day.  I sent out a webinar invite that was scheduled from 1pm-2am earlier today.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Anguille

If only they would release these on android as well....i don't have the money to buy an ipad  >:(