Grand Ages: Medieval...new game

Started by Anguille, August 11, 2014, 07:45:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Brand new trailer... ;)

All good things come... MANY! That's why our next announcement here follows: 2015 appears the new project of gaming minds, makers of port Royale and patrician! GRAND AGES: MEDIEVAL offers a medieval playground of over 30 million square kilometers, where you build settlements, command armies, Europe-wide research action and technical achievements can. Large-scale campaign, sandbox and multiplayer modes (up to 8 players) included!
It gives a first impression of the game atmosphere in the new trailer. Follow screenshots!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdIV2rONSqk

undercovergeek

please be good, please be good, please be good

and turn based

Martok

Cool.  Is there a website yet (hopefully with an English language option)? 

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 11, 2014, 08:02:40 AM

and turn based
Also this. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

undercovergeek

It is the year 1050 AD. At the beginning of the High Middle Ages development in Europe has seen an unprecedented level of progress and a rapidly growing population spreads across the length and breadth of the continent. New frontiers are explored, settlements founded and vast trading routes established. As the head of one of these small settlements, it falls upon you to lead your people towards greatness. Explore a vast world, gather resources, encounter other societies and use your trading expertise to expand and make your fortune. Found new cities, progress your nation with inventive technology and protect your trade routes against barbarian attacks until you are powerful enough to begin your conquest over Europe and forge a bold new empire.

Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds. Lead your people and advance through the decades by utilising construction, research, expansion and conquest in an area extending from Scandinavia and North Africa; to Portugal, the Caucasus and the Middle East. Rise from the humble role of a simple mayor governing a small settlement and rule over all of Europe. Experience an exciting campaign with elaborately designed cut-scenes, play by your own rules in free play or test your skills in multiplayer against up to 8 players!

ok, ok, no turn based, just

Martok

Quote from: TheCommandTent on August 11, 2014, 08:53:06 AM
Quote from: Martok on August 11, 2014, 08:48:33 AM
Cool.  Is there a website yet (hopefully with an English language option)? 

http://www.grandages.com/us/
Thanks, Tent

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 11, 2014, 09:11:52 AM
Grand Ages: Medieval is a real-time strategy game from Gaming Minds.
Disappointing, but not very surprising. 

That makes me think this could end being the medieval version of Longbow's Hegemony games...which I like overall, but I felt the RTS aspect hurt more than helped. 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Anguille

I expect it to be mostly a city-builder with slow-paced strategy map. I am not worried.  ;)

Martok

Well that's sort of what I'm hoping for too, although I'd like to see some degree of warfare as well (just not fast-paced). 

Gusington

Holy dog sh't...it's been 8 years since the initial release of Medieval 2 Total War so this is quite welcome. A medieval city builder would be choice.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Anguille on August 11, 2014, 10:46:38 AM
I expect it to be mostly a city-builder with slow-paced strategy map. I am not worried.  ;)

Ditto.

In other words, Patrician Ultra with fewer ships.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!