What's on your table right now?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 28, 2014, 11:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

I've got Congo Merc hitting the table this week - as soon as I put the table back together!

(I just moved the old dining room table out to the man cave, and have to put the legs back on it)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

Unconditional Surrender is all setup for the grand campaign.... and I have 2 weeks off starting next Monday.  O0

GJK

Maybe a little mini-AAR on that one Bartheart?   ;)

Blood Bowl just came off and Force on Force Mogadishu scenario will be going on it tonight or tomorrow.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

Band of Brothers, SE and GP, and a little bit of 'Gettysburg 150' - a very simple game, but not bad.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MengJiao

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 28, 2014, 11:23:46 AM
I've got Congo Merc hitting the table this week - as soon as I put the table back together!

(I just moved the old dining room table out to the man cave, and have to put the legs back on it)

Hoplites on the floor, but on the table above them, maybe some SBDs intercepting Mavises or something.  (Bomb vs Bomber should make the Fighting Wings rules simpler, maybe).

bayonetbrant

I just picked up Risk: Battlefield Rogue on sale for $7.50 last night at Target. That one hits the table soon
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 10:43:53 PM

Hoplites on the floor, but on the table above them, maybe some SBDs intercepting Mavises or something.  (Bomb vs Bomber should make the Fighting Wings rules simpler, maybe).

For a bomber the SBD Dauntless had some serious take-down power with 2x50-cal over the engine and twin 30's on a flex mount in the back. It was probably the most maneuverable and heavily armed single engine purpose-built bomber of WW2. IIRC, the Dauntless shot down more enemy planes that it itself suffered in combat losses. One SBD pilot shot down two Zeros and rammed a third, destroying it, all during the same dogfight. Still, the Mavis was festooned with defensive armament of its own, including a 20mm cannon, so it could be an interesting fight.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on July 28, 2014, 05:39:00 PM
Maybe a little mini-AAR on that one Bartheart?   ;)

I'll see what I can do....

MengJiao

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2014, 05:25:58 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 10:43:53 PM

For a bomber the SBD Dauntless had some serious take-down power with 2x50-cal over the engine and twin 30's on a flex mount in the back. It was probably the most maneuverable and heavily armed single engine purpose-built bomber of WW2. IIRC, the Dauntless shot down more enemy planes that it itself suffered in combat losses. One SBD pilot shot down two Zeros and rammed a third, destroying it, all during the same dogfight. Still, the Mavis was festooned with defensive armament of its own, including a 20mm cannon, so it could be an interesting fight.

3 Zeros might be hard to simulate, but  I think I can get a Mavis flying along.  And once that works, add an SBD.

PanzersEast

Mage Knight the Lost Legion.... I bought the expansion a while ago and it is time to get it out and play it already!!!!  So that is up next, last played Andean Abyss.

PE

BanzaiCat

I have "A Blood-Red Banner" coming from a game store, hopefully this week. Another State Of Siege system from VP Games, detailing the siege of the Alamo.

Nefaro

Quote from: PanzersEast on July 29, 2014, 08:55:08 AM
Mage Knight the Lost Legion.... I bought the expansion a while ago and it is time to get it out and play it already!!!!  So that is up next, last played Andean Abyss.

PE

Hell yeah.  Been intending to break out Mage Knight again for some solo play.

I may end up playing Kemet next, with family.  Haven't done that in quite awhile.

DennisS

I have Pandemic, and Space Infantry..the latter is still in its box, unopened! I just have too many games.

I finally put away Carriers!..another great game, although every time I play it, I have to relearn the rules.

Arctic Blast

Messing about with Heroes of Normandie. And still in the initial stages of the "How the Hell do I store Duel of Ages II Collector's Edition?" game as well.

Cyrano

King of Tokyo.

Preparing for the GenCon toonament...

Definitely want to get in a round of Tank vs. Tank as well as CnC: Napoleonics, though.

Best,

Jim
"Cyrano"
:/7)
Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806