GMT blog

Started by MengJiao, July 28, 2014, 08:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

mirth

The wait for Wing Leader is killing me.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Quote from: mirth on July 28, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

My wallet isn't....  :buck2:

bayonetbrant

Quote from: mirth on July 28, 2014, 08:57:36 AMThe wait for Wing Leader is killing me.

Not me...  ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on July 28, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

I love that Wildcat on the P500 logo for Wing Leader.  Wildcat!

Bison

I admit my ignorance on the game's mechanics.  It seems to be air combat at a tactical level.  So why side profiles on the counters and not a view from the top of the craft?

MengJiao

Quote from: Bison on July 28, 2014, 04:59:44 PM
I admit my ignorance on the game's mechanics.  It seems to be air combat at a tactical level.  So why side profiles on the counters and not a view from the top of the craft?

Supposedly it is squadron or wing level and bouncing from altitude is the aim so instead of having forward and around dimensions, you have two and fro and up and down.  The blog at the gamers explains it pretty well (and why the P-47 was in a league of its own).

I'll find the ref to that blog.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on July 28, 2014, 08:56:44 PM
Quote from: Bison on July 28, 2014, 04:59:44 PM

Supposedly it is squadron or wing level and bouncing from altitude is the aim so instead of having forward and around dimensions, you have two and fro and up and down.  The blog at the gamers explains it pretty well (and why the P-47 was in a league of its own).

I'll find the ref to that blog.

This is the more useful blog I think:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blog/3490/page/3

ArizonaTank

According to the monthly newsletter, sales are better than they expected. 

"You guys bought too many games! (I Never, EVER thought I'd say that! :-) )
We're happy for all the sales and glad you guys love the games, but we find ourselves in a tough situation, with really a LOT of our core games now sold out and out of stock. So we have prioritized Reprints to get a bunch of those games back in stock late this year (maybe early next year in a few cases, just depending on the printers)."

Glad to see GMT thriving.  Love the blog and GMT's dedication to communicating with the customer. 

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Nefaro

I'm glad they're not afraid of doing reprints on sold-out titles.  O0

There are still numerous others I want to pick up from them.  I'm not sure if they're all sold out but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one was.

MengJiao

Quote from: Nefaro on July 31, 2014, 11:51:55 AM
I'm glad they're not afraid of doing reprints on sold-out titles.  O0

There are still numerous others I want to pick up from them.  I'm not sure if they're all sold out but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one was.

Yep!  It's a wonderful thing.  My Combat Commander Mediterranean is a 3rd edition and I don't think the game has been out that long.