Main Menu

Train Fever

Started by DennisS, July 26, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DennisS

OK...here it is folks!!! This will be released on steam in ... 40 days or so, plus or minus.

http://www.train-fever.com/

This looks to be a combination of Sid Meier's Railroads! and Open TTD. My only concern is that the game map is 256 square kilometers, or about nine miles in all directions from one point.

Given the scale, it seems to work..but you won't be connecting Stuttgart to Bremerhaven.

Grim.Reaper

Yep, discussed here a bit recently:)  Does look interesting, but not biting until after release.

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=4633.0

DennisS

Hmm..last week. I missed it.

This is on my wishlist, and will be a day one purchase. Looks very refined for its stage of development.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 05:04:42 PM

This is on my wishlist, and will be a day one purchase. Looks very refined for its stage of development.

Yep, I like the way that it appears easy to lay track at least in the videos.....I certainly will be watching, but not sure it will be day one purchase.  Now if they would have offered a pre order discount or maybe early access, they might have gotten me:)

DennisS

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 26, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Quote from: DennisS on July 26, 2014, 05:04:42 PM

Yep, I like the way that it appears easy to lay track at least in the videos.....I certainly will be watching, but not sure it will be day one purchase.  Now if they would have offered a pre order discount or maybe early access, they might have gotten me:)

Out of all the games I have every played, Railroad Tycoon II is second in total time. Has to be. World of Warcraft had a very nice, almost 8 year long run.

Greybriar

I've been a fan of  transport simulation games for 25 years and Train Fever looks good to me. I wish it were available DRM-Free though.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

JasonPratt

Personally I wish there was an Old West steam engine 3D sim, preferably with a econ sim overlay, y'know laying out and managing routes in a county or two. The Red Dead Redemption engine would have been perfect for that, at least on the operational side.  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!