Started by Lord Zimoa, July 25, 2014, 04:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Zimoa

Commanders, new fronts are opening up!
JULY 25TH, 2014

Commanders, new fronts are opening up!
Commander: The Great War releases on iPad and Steam today

Epsom, UK, July 25, 2014.

Acclaimed by the press – "Can't recall enjoying a grand-strategic WWI title more" (Rock Paper Shotgun), "Accessible and well-documented, without sacrificing challenge or strategy" (Tacticular Cancer) – and rewarded by the community with the Digital Strategic Game of the Year 2012 title attributed by the Grogheads readers – Commander: The Great War is finally reaching new platforms with its releases on both the App Store and Steam.

In the iPad version of the game you will find all the elements that contributed to the success of the PC version, giving you a unique wargaming experience on your tablet. Creating such a complex wargame on a tablet device was a huge challenge and The Lordz Games Studio has been optimizing this gem for months so as not to sacrifice any feature from the game on PC.

The huge campaign map, 5 grand campaigns, unit customization, research and technology panels, realistic combat model, cross platform multiplayer and gameplay adapted to the touchscreen platform turns Commander: The Great War into the deepest World War I simulation on iPad.

And we should not forget our PC community!

We are glad to announce that the game is released on Steam as well. Faithful to our habits, we are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who has a copy of the PC game, wherever they bought it from, once the game is available on this digital platform! All they have to do is register their serial here and they will be able to redeem a free key to add the game to their Steam library!

Get more information on Commander: The Great War from its official Steam and iPad pages.

bbmike

Steam key generated flawlessly! Now I'm off to see about buying that iPad version...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

TheCommandTent

Got my STEAM key now just waiting impatiently for it to unlock on STEAM so I can download it.   :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Slick Wilhelm

Congrats on the release, but wake me up when the Android version is released. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 ready and waiting to play it on.

FlickJax

sandman2575

Good news.  There are precious few good games for iPad -- Commander Great War seems  perfect for that platform. I guess I'll soon find out   :)  Also glad to have a Steam key for my PC version... I seem to have a worsening case of Steam Tunnel Vision, where the only games that register in my consciousness as being available to play have to be on Steam, or I forget I own them...

Rayfer

Steam is saying 6 hours to release but it doesn't show a price. Will it be the same as the $19.99 sale at Matrix? Hmmm?

tgb

bbmike

And I have to add that, as we were assured by the developer, the iPad version is not a 'lite' version. It plays just like the PC version!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

TheCommandTent

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

sandman2575

Quote from: bbmike on July 25, 2014, 05:55:58 PM
And I have to add that, as we were assured by the developer, the iPad version is not a 'lite' version. It plays just like the PC version!

Excellent.  I had pretty much given up on the iPad as a gaming platform (...for intelligent games, that is -- not interested in "Infinity Blade" type garbage).  I can count on one hand the number of games I *enjoy* playing on iPad.  So this is great news -- a serious, not watered down grand strategy game for iOS.   O0

JasonPratt

Weirdly, the steam registration link seemed to go to a page that wasn't mine but which had keys for various games to be redeemed (including TGW) -- but which when I clicked the redeem button generated a null field.

Oh well. I "logged out" and logged back in and everything was fine after that. Just weird.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 25, 2014, 07:06:57 PM
Weirdly, the steam registration link seemed to go to a page that wasn't mine but which had keys for various games to be redeemed (including TGW) -- but which when I clicked the redeem button generated a null field.

Oh well. I "logged out" and logged back in and everything was fine after that. Just weird.

The Slitherine site has been a bit wonky the last couple times I did this, but it eventually worked after relogging or reloading the page(s) in question.

republic

How would you guys rate naval combat in this game?  I've been eying it awhile.